Wanted: the mole in the camp

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Hubert Parry
Gary Johnson mentioned in his interview that there is a mole in the camp which was having an impact on his business. Robin ought to go into hiding... :lol:
I-Love-CTFC
He clearly wasn't happy with the media again for creating speculation and potentially jeopardising transfers.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:Gary Johnson mentioned in his interview that there is a mole in the camp which was having an impact on his business. Robin ought to go into hiding... :lol:
Must be an Ethan Hunt playing somewhere we can sign?
Horteng
He like to humiliate Youngy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote:He like to humiliate Youngy
JY brings it upon himself.
Horteng
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Yes he does. If he irritates the viewers imagine being the interviewee

I just think he comes across so amateurish compared to JP and BBC reporters
I-Love-CTFC
Horteng wrote:
Yes he does. If he irritates the viewers imagine being the interviewee

I just think he comes across so amateurish compared to JP and BBC reporters
I have to agree his style comes across more as tabloid journalism and clickbait.
Last edited by I-Love-CTFC on 30 Dec 2016, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Horteng
Btw I have nothing against him personally.

Just think he clutches at straws with questions, laughs at his own jokes and I hate the way he calls the players "mate" or by their nickname....... so amateur
IYWT
Hubert Parry wrote:Gary Johnson mentioned in his interview that there is a mole in the camp which was having an impact on his business. Robin ought to go into hiding... :lol:
Another excuse, something else for Johnson to blame for his failings. It is all getting a bit tiresome now.
Circa 1887
I don't really think this is the place for having a dig at the local football journalist. Maybe if you have a grievance you could email the sports desk at The Echo, rather than utilise a public forum to critique him. It seems a little harsh to me.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
IYWT wrote:
Another excuse, something else for Johnson to blame for his failings. It is all getting a bit tiresome now.
Lol.
Hubert Parry
IYWT wrote:
Not nearly as tiresome as your relentless negative criticism of GJ
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Circa 1887 wrote:I don't really think this is the place for having a dig at the local football journalist. Maybe if you have a grievance you could email the sports desk at The Echo, rather than utilise a public forum to critique him. It seems a little harsh to me.
If the Echo spam links are allowed and treated as normal football posts then of course we can discuss the quality of the authorship. Even more so when the CTFC manager questions some articles.

After all, JY is the mam who started the infamous poll, encouraging fans to vote on players' careers and livelihoods like it was a computer game. If you give out that type of disrespect and humiliation publicly, expect some back from the club and other fans.
Educated Bertie
Circa 1887 wrote:I don't really think this is the place for having a dig at the local football journalist. Maybe if you have a grievance you could email the sports desk at The Echo, rather than utilise a public forum to critique him. It seems a little harsh to me.
If the Echo spam links are allowed and treated as normal football posts then of course we can discuss the quality of the authorship. Even more so when the CTFC manager questions some articles.

After all, JY is the mam who started the infamous poll, encouraging fans to vote on players' careers and livelihoods like it was a computer game. If you give out that type of disrespect and humiliation publicly, expect some back from the club and other fans.
Oh for the Days of "Spartan" in The Green 'Un.

Reporting at its best, based upon fact, and not mere intuition.
andgarod
There is obviously a mole in the camp as Robin often manages to name a player 2 or 3 days or even weeks before the Echo
When questioned he claims that he has people who know

In the day of face recognition and google anyone watching training might see someone called Wilo training
If you dont immediate recognise him you could always ask one of the brains of britain we know as footballers who that is.
I say young man is that Jakes Wilkinson
response no its Brian Wilson
google Brian Wilson and you have your story

The Echo pays JP and JY to post news, do you believe all the other stories in the Echo. I know I dont

I certainly believe last season recruitment was done much more discretely but the process of having players in to train does not help the secrecy and therefore GJ
Perhaps the doughnut can second a mole catcher. The drones should be carrying out 24 surveillance of players and staff.

I have often thought they are out to get us just look at Malabus he thought it was the FA
Perhaps those at the top of the hill have started using their power in a tit for tat reprisal after we tried to get one of theirs

If experienced players want to move in January their agent will talk , talk the price up and the players availability
Remember the Dayton video it must have taken 4 years to make as he misses half the season through injury

Long gone are the days you went to a match and found that we had just signed a striker or a defender from Hereford or the lodgers

Perhaps we will be surprised when we sign .........
Circa 1887

Sounds like you are suggesting two wrongs make a right, to me.

Do something then...don't just moan from behind a keyboard where you'll achieve nothing, pick up the phone - call The Echo - speak to James or Jon and provide your feedback. Unless of course you are just moaning for the sake of moaning (which appears to be a hobby of some on here).
andgarod
and keeping his posting count up
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Circa 1887 wrote:

Sounds like you are suggesting two wrongs make a right, to me.

Do something then...don't just moan from behind a keyboard where you'll achieve nothing, pick up the phone - call The Echo - speak to James or Jon and provide your feedback. Unless of course you are just moaning for the sake of moaning (which appears to be a hobby of some on here).
How do you know I haven't?
Circa 1887
Because it wouldn't add to your post count. Feel free to surprise me though.
Reliant Robin
Social media makes the sharing of snippets of information easy and instantaneous, and the Internet gives quick access to cross referencing detail. It's very difficult to keep things under wraps these days as almost anyone can become a private detective now, given such easy access to information. People thrive on speculation and the potential rebuild at CTFC is going to sharpen the interst intently.

If Gary wants to flush out the mole his best bet is to feed misinformation to various individuals and see which bits end up in the press. Other than that, if the suspected leaks are coming from training ground observations, then Gary may have to consider closing it off to the press and public when he's inviting potential targets for training. And even that might not prevent leaks by the determined sleuth.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Circa 1887 wrote:Because it wouldn't add to your post count. Feel free to surprise me though.
I have had plenty of letters in/to the Echo, including an interview and opinion piece on Council economic development policy about seven years ago. My feedback to JP has mainly been on Twitter or discussion with him on here. Same goes for Mark Halliwell.
everyman
Educated Bertie wrote:

Oh for the Days of "Spartan" in The Green 'Un.

Reporting at its best, based upon fact, and not mere intuition.
Derek was the original "mole",he was banned from the team bus for reporting what went on within the club.
London Exile
Reliant Robin wrote:If Gary wants to flush out the mole his best bet is to feed misinformation to various individuals and see which bits end up in the press. Other than that, if the suspected leaks are coming from training ground observations, then Gary may have to consider closing it off to the press and public when he's inviting potential targets for training. And even that might not prevent leaks by the determined sleuth.
I was thinking the same. If GJ feels that there is a mole in the camp then he should close the training ground off to anyone who isn't club staff and put a temporary fence up obscuring views of the pitches. Any media commitments and interviews can be conducted at the LCI Rail Stadium
everyman
London Exile wrote:
Reliant Robin wrote:If Gary wants to flush out the mole his best bet is to feed misinformation to various individuals and see which bits end up in the press. Other than that, if the suspected leaks are coming from training ground observations, then Gary may have to consider closing it off to the press and public when he's inviting potential targets for training. And even that might not prevent leaks by the determined sleuth.
I was thinking the same. If GJ feels that there is a mole in the camp then he should close the training ground off to anyone who isn't club staff and put a temporary fence up obscuring views of the pitches. Any media commitments and interviews can be conducted at the LCI Rail Stadium
NO !!! How will i be able to find out all those little snippets of secret information and inform my friends at the Tower,Oh sugar ! what a give away.
everyman
Gary seems to be "digging a hole" for himself and he seems to be" blindly" signing players on because they are available rather than what the teams is lacking.