Contact the FED

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Dave Beesley
Hi All,
The Trust have setup a new email address for fans to contact them with issues they would like raising with the club via the Fan Elected Director. Or for any questions/enquiries you may have about the Club or the Trust.

Either email fed@robinstrust.org or DM me on Twitter (my DM's are open so you don't need to follow me) - twitter.com/davebeesley

Also, I endeavour to be available in the bar from 1pm on Saturday Match Days - look for the Robins Trust banners

I look forward to speaking to you all

Dave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good initiative Dave. Thanks.
andgarod
It has been alleged that the stewards prevented entry to some Burton fans believing one to be drunk
Can you look into what was going on and if true offer a club apology and also get the stewards excluded
Dave Beesley
Hi Andgarod.
Thank you for letting me know. But I could do with a little more to work with.
Who is making the allegations and how could they be contacted?
I would need to substantiate the claims before I take anything further
Dave Beesley
Ok. I have seen the other thread now. But would still need to know where the allegations have originated, so that I can effectively follow up
andgarod
Hi Dave
That response is not good enough

Ask the safety manager
Ask the stewards
Ask Burton

Even if there is no substance it will make people aware that the need to make the correct decisions

Be proactive rather than reactive
Just because someone does not raise a query or complaint does not mean it didnt happen

Simple to email the stadium safety manager ( will be on cctv)
The steward supervisor- do the have a debrief if not why not
Burton club and trust

Do nothing is not acceptable

Anyone reading this who knows any details tell the FED
Broadway Brian
andgarod wrote:Hi Dave
That response is not good enough

Ask the safety manager
Ask the stewards
Ask Burton

Even if there is no substance it will make people aware that the need to make the correct decisions

Be proactive rather than reactive
Just because someone does not raise a query or complaint does not mean it didnt happen

Simple to email the stadium safety manager ( will be on cctv)
The steward supervisor- do the have a debrief if not why not
Burton club and trust

Do nothing is not acceptable

Anyone reading this who knows any details tell the FED
Weird response for goodness sake.

A simple question to find out where further information can be sought. Seems a straightforward and obvious reply to me.

Not necessarily the only step that Dave is taking.
andgarod
I understand that the SLO is investigating
At least someone acts
Just to say I need more info is a poor poor show
I am sure if a director bothered to ask around that would have solicited a response

Surely the FED should be on this type of thing unless it is being handled by one of the other directors
Robins Trust Chair
Andgarod,

I have to say this is a really disappointing response to two people who give up a huge amount of time and put in incredible amounts of effort to try and make things better.

Both Dave the FED and Jenny the SLO work tirelessly without reward other than constant social media snipes.

I am lucky enough to see the messages they share with each other about things like improving the food offering at home games, improving the disabled access and facilities and yes, liaising with Nick the safety officer.

To imply that Dave hadn't bothered to act, is both untrue and entirely misleading.

Dave and Jenny work as a team to get things done. Jenny has more of a personal relationship with Nick - one built over considerable time doing selfless volunteering work - so she is responding on the Trust's behalf.

While Dave is the Trust's FED and joint vice chair, Jenny is also vice chair of the Trust. The Trust board communicates, discusses and works on the best response. This is a prime example of this.

Personally - and this is no way a reflection of the views of anyone else on the Trust - not least Jenny or Dave (who don't know I am writing this), I find the demanding tone utterly frustrating and tiresome. It is unfair and (IMO) completely without merit.

We are volunteers who work hard to try and make our club a better place. We don't require payment or reward for what we do, because we do it due to our love for our club.

To have that met with a constantly-demanding 'sort it' tone is tiresome for a volunteer. And it risks that volunteer becoming disenfranchised and walking away.

I would ask that there is more of an appreciation of that fact in future, please.

I have been involved in the Trust for 17 years now, and I firmly believe we are in the best position we have ever been in in terms of skills and action on our board.

I have also never known more criticism, snipes and unfortunately toned messages and demands.

We are working on numerous initiatives that will absolutely improve the supporter experience, all of which is being done as well as having day jobs, and families, and issues outside of being able to give volunteer hours.

I will list them now, to show how we 'at least sort something':

* An ongoing relaunch of the Trust to introduce a new way of raising funds for the club.
* Assisting with the launch of Proud Robins, the club's LGBTQ+ and allies group, a fantastic development for our club.
* Researching and joining 'Her Game Too' an initiative aimed at making all football grounds friendly and welcoming to female supporters.
* Through our membership of the FSA (Football Supporters Association) , researching the work of Pledgeball - an organisation looking to make football a more sustainable industry.
* Our ongoing and detailed work into the Fan Led Review of Football - the most significant development in football for decades.
* Working alongside the FSA on a project to research and question the EFL on reducing long-distance midweek away games
* Writing / Designing / Producing materials that will add significant value to our supporters and visiting supporters too.
* Establishing a disability supporter liaison and working hard to improve facilities for disabled fans.
* Running the half-time crossbar challenge to make magical moments for younger CTFC fans.
* Providing a dedicated in-person checkpoint for fans at all home matches.
* Fund-raising in the memory of one of our much-missed colleagues Richard Allsopp (more of which later this week).
and last but certainly not least...

* liaising with the club and an architects' firm we were introduced to by the EFL on devising plan for the redevelopment of the Prestbury Road End of the ground.

The above is perhaps the most significant and detailed thing the Trust has ever done. It is something we are keen to help drive and facilitate because of the benefits it will provide to both the club and the fans...

None of this is done for reward, payment or congratulations. We just ask that people are civil.

Increasingly the responses and communication we have are not that.

James
Robins Trust Chair
Dave Beesley
andgarod wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 07:15 I understand that the SLO is investigating
At least someone acts
Just to say I need more info is a poor poor show
I am sure if a director bothered to ask around that would have solicited a response

Surely the FED should be on this type of thing unless it is being handled by one of the other directors
Sorry Andgarod. We appear to be talking at cross purposes here.

Just so you are aware, I am the FED. And I was merely asking you if you had any more information - or could point me towards where you saw it to report it - so that I could begin my investigation.

I have contacted Nick, the safety officer at the club and will engage with Dave (Snowy) who is the clubs Disability Liaison Officer and see if we can get to the bottom of it. But I can't just storm in and accuse stewards of acting inappropriately without evidence.

Anything you know, would be gratefully appreciated

Dave
Si Robin
Just to clear up any confusion, the detail is very minimal and comes from me being accosted in Parklands after the game and a number of people walking into Parklands getting the same treatment.

I was actually more angry at them for having a go at me and people who weren't even Cheltenham fans over it than I was about the actual situation at the time. Why they were still hanging around 30 mins or so after the game when they allegedly didn't get in is beyond me, but if what they claimed (that 5 of them weren't allowed in because one of them had cerebral palsy and was accused of being drunk) is true then I would expect them to make a formal complaint.

On Sunday morning, I was contacted by a Trust board member on Twitter (as I made a vague tweet as well) about what I knew and if I had any further detail. I was informed that he and the SLO were looking into things.

I made the point to Sam that I empathised with them, I really do, but they were going the wrong way about getting support from people. If they were as lairy with the stewards as they were with people who weren't even at the game, then I can almost understand why they weren't let in - though it doesn't forgive the initial reason for not allowing them in (if what they say is true).
andgarod
RTC
Thank you and the FED for explaining what was /is going on

You all knew what was going on I could only assume nothing was being done
Sorry if I miss read the original response
I at not time had a go at the SLO - I actually said they were acting