Before you rush rolling your sleeve up for the C-19 vaccine.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

SHANDY VOR
Goebels did a lot of his work from the bathroom.

If you grant me the first question I'll try to answer yours
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sure, ask the question.

As an aside, what is your obsession with Goebels? I know you seem to like defending fake information which will lead to thousands of deaths if acted upon, but no need to project on the rest of us who are simply concerned with facts and getting on with life.
SHANDY VOR
Cheers.

The fog on the Tyne. Who actually owns it?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Cheers.

No idea. Various people have claimed ownership through the medium of song and dance, but without robust expert analysis and evidence provided by people vastly more knowledgeable on the subject than me, I couldn’t possibly say definitively or offer an opinion either way.
Red Duke

The copyright is owned by Alan Hull.
Ihearye
Red Duke wrote:

The copyright is owned by Alan Hull.
Ah the memories, still have the shirt he gave me (somewhere in the house), when I was at their concert in the Ulster Hall in 1974. If memory serves me well it was the day Newcastle lost in the FA Cup final. A bit of normality among the wasteland that was Belfast then.
asl
I honestly don't think Malabus is as much of a nutter as he likes to make out. I suspect he's just someone who likes lobbing a grenade into a room full of people and watching them scatter in all directions. Nobody can hold quite so many ridiculous beliefs all at the same time...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:I honestly don't think Malabus is as much of a nutter as he likes to make out. I suspect he's just someone who likes lobbing a grenade into a room full of people and watching them scatter in all directions. Nobody can hold quite so many ridiculous beliefs all at the same time...
Doesn’t matter. All that matters is that RNF is still hosting, and encouraging people to watch, anti-vaccine misinformation. Which is shameful. Just delete the thread.
SHANDY VOR
I see you've dropped the expletives. That bath must have calmed you down.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:I see you've dropped the expletives. That bath must have calmed you down.
Go away you anti-vaxxer :lol:

Better?
SHANDY VOR
Having seen the post above and the now deleted rednecks post I think you need to work on your anger management . Speak to someone in the street like that and you'll get a smack in the chops. Rather than calling for others to be banned you might want to get your own caravan in order first
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Having seen the post above and the now deleted rednecks post I think you need to work on your anger management . Speak to someone in the street like that and you'll get a smack in the chops. Rather than calling for others to be banned you might want to get your own caravan in order first
Not angry, just grasping for something to cut through. I have tried rational discussion, firm debate, mocking, pedantry, etc so I thought I might as well try some abuse.

Fake news and disinformation has been tolerated or engaged with for years, and look where that has got us, whether in the US Capitol or anti-vax protests on the streets of Stroud.

So after 5-10 years of insidious, seditious and dangerous misinformation excuse me if during the biggest crisis of our generation people think “enough is enough” and decide to just flat out abuse those propagating it with the language I used.

Happy for my foul-mouthed posts to be deleted - up to the moderators and hosts of this site if they want to do that and if they are happy to still be hosting anti-vax content which is banned on most platforms.

The fact that the first post and link are still here is shameful.
SHANDY VOR
I have some sympathy for you but the sooner you accept that life is mostly s#!t and change mostly beyond your control then the sooner you'll find peace. You have to realise that you are not always right and no one put you in charge, or you'll be an angry man all your life. Descend into abuse and you've lost the argument, and you become no better than the very thing you hate.

It doesn't mean you have to accept what you don't like - just channel your energy into what you can change. For example, in my caring days I used to get really wound up by the production of cheese, railing against what I saw as cow theft. On a number of occasions I had the laughing cow supermarket promotions staff by the throat and no f#!$ was laughing then. But my salvation came in the shape of cottage cheese, and I haven't looked back since. In fact if a cow stood in front of me today I'd rip its leg off and throw it on the BBQ

You could learn a lot from me. For I am the voice of reason
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:I have some sympathy for you but the sooner you accept that life is mostly s#!t and change mostly beyond your control then the sooner you'll find peace. You have to realise that you are not always right and no one put you in charge, or you'll be an angry man all your life. Descend into abuse and you've lost the argument, and you become no better than the very thing you hate.

It doesn't mean you have to accept what you don't like - just channel your energy into what you can change. For example, in my caring days I used to get really wound up by the production of cheese, railing against what I saw as cow theft. On a number of occasions I had the laughing cow supermarket promotions staff by the throat and no f#!$ was laughing then. But my salvation came in the shape of cottage cheese, and I haven't looked back since. In fact if a cow stood in front of me today I'd rip its leg off and throw it on the BBQ

You are mixing opinion/preference with fact.

Vegetarianism...that’s just an opinion and preference. I am not saying I am right or in charge. Eat meat it if you like - my wife does. That’s fine, it is a preference and personal balance of values.

Vaccines.....that’s scientifically proven by world leading research scientists. That’s not me being right or in charge, it is scientists being right. It is not a case of preference or values, it is a case of scientific evidence. To claim that is incorrect is demonstrably false and in the case of vaccines, dangerous and will result in death.

So people spreading proven untruths which result in death...they absolutely need to be called out. They have to be changed and stopped to prevent deaths. And if they need to be abused, they get abused.
SHANDY VOR
You're mixing your ass with your umption.

I've never been a veggie, I just wanted the cows to get a fair price for their produce. As for the vaccine I was concerned over its progress. Then I saw its pace and now I'm a believer.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:You're mixing your ass with your umption.

I've never been a veggie, I just wanted the cows to get a fair price for their produce. As for the vaccine I was concerned over its progress. Then I saw its pace and now I'm a believer.
Hopefully we get sunshine and not rain.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
SHANDY VOR wrote:I have some sympathy for you but the sooner you accept that life is mostly s#!t and change mostly beyond your control then the sooner you'll find peace. You have to realise that you are not always right and no one put you in charge, or you'll be an angry man all your life. Descend into abuse and you've lost the argument, and you become no better than the very thing you hate.

Vegetarianism...that’s just an opinion and preference. I am not saying I am right or in charge. Eat meat it if you like - my wife does. That’s fine, it is a preference and personal balance of values.

Vaccines.....that’s scientifically proven by world leading research scientists. That’s not me being right or in charge, it is scientists being right. It is not a case of preference or values, it is a case of scientific evidence. To claim that is incorrect is demonstrably false and in the case of vaccines, dangerous and will result in death.

So people spreading proven untruths which result in death...they absolutely need to be called out. They have to be changed and stopped to prevent deaths. And if they need to be abused, they get abused.
Actually the vaccines aren’t fully approved as per a normal vaccine and are for ‘emergency use’ hence why those giving the vaccine need to be fully trained.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Actually the vaccines aren’t fully approved as per a normal vaccine and are for ‘emergency use’ hence why those giving the vaccine need to be fully trained.
It’s good enough for the world’s best experts and regulators. That’s good enough for me.
Johnsons Red Army
https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... 9-vaccine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fitting story for this thread.
Malabus
https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status ... 30915?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lol. Alex Berenson :lol:

First reply to that Tweet says enough:

“ No! First its an investigation, so your lying there, and no it’s 13 deaths, and these are old, some over 90, that’s based on how Norway handles their priority 1 group. It’s just rubbish and if trump can be banned from Twitter others should to.”
Ihearye
With a death rate of over 80's at this time of year of 10%. We can fully expect 10% of those getting the jab now, will die in the not too distant future
Shade
Like everyone else who has someone over 80 (or 70, or 60, et al) that they care about; I don't care about stats or bullshit conspiracy theories, I just want every chance for them to be around for as long as possible. Trust in the science that has us living to older ages than any previous humans in history thanks largely to vaccination and ignore the pathetic specimens who have such bad lives that they seek attention by putting people at danger.
SHANDY VOR
Indeed Shade.

Ultimately Darwin will sort this one out.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Indeed Shade.

Ultimately Darwin will sort this one out.
It’s the collateral damage we need to minimise.
Malabus
Here we go...as predicted.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... _share-top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shock horror: people who want to undermine the vaccine programme and cause tens thousands of deaths in U.K. society might be banned from engaging in that society.

Terrorists are not welcome in the U.K. and anti-vaxxers are terrorists.
SHANDY VOR
Don't be ridiculous RCS. Your comparison is crass and out of order. Choosing not to have the vaccine does not make you the same mindset as someone who blows up a stadium full of kids, or takes thousands of lives with a plane into a building.

What happened to the libertarian ideal of free choice. I don't agree with their decision, but it's their body. You sound more and more totalitarian in every post #GeordieOrwell184
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I don’t care what happens to the health of an anti-vaxxer. I care about the impact on the national vaccine programme and the rest of of the population. Roughly speaking 70% of the population needs to be vaccinated to have population level immunity. If anti-vaxxers are successful in their mission and convince enough people to their cause that say only 55% have the vaccine, then that would just prolong the pandemic for everyone resulting in more lockdowns and continued infection - terrorism if you ask me. And if Malabus uses lies and fake news to convince someone who was going to have the vaccine to change their mind, and that person dies...then, well. The very title of this thread is encouraging people to not have the vaccine and instead risk infection.

As for libertarian...I am, I suppose, a considerate libertarian. E.g. smoking:

I am pro-choice when it comes to smoking and I am happy for tobacco companies to advertise and I am against the high taxation and rules around labelling and display.

However, I do not think that someone choosing to risk their own health through smoking should be allowed to risk the health of others. Therefore I am fully supportive of the smoking ban in public places.

I would like to think that the human race could make personal choices which do not harm other people or the environment. If that was the case then we would not need government intervention or regulations, which would be ideal as a libertarian.

However, too many selfish people think they have a right to cause harm to others, which undermines the libertarian cause as it requires the government to come in to intervene and regulate.

I would go as far to say that those who claim to be libertarian and want the right to harm others are actually anti-libertarian because it is only because of them that legislation and regulation are needed.
Ihearye
Think RCS is only partially off the mark. OK there are some who are just plain misinformed. However, there are many who are intentionally putting people in harms way. Do they take responsibility for all those who die because they were talked out of taking the jab? It should be mandatory and sanctions against those who don't take it
Johnsons Red Army
Malabus
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eived.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You put that poison into your veins, not my concern.
SHANDY VOR
The comparison with terrorism might have some mileage if RCS was highlighting antivaxxers who were blowing up vaccine production facilities or threatening medical centres. Instead, this is a passive reaction based on a difference of opinion and the premise that you own your own body and should decide what you do with it. If I shoved a sausage down your throat you would be up in arms.

I don't buy the argument that you are having that much of an impact on others by choosing not to have it, and those that are worried enough will be getting the vaccine so should be OK.
Malabus
Keep rolling those sleeves up Sheeple.

https://www.ajmc.com/view/researchers-w ... 9-vaccines" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jab first than ask questions later when you are at death door. Fools.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Keep rolling those sleeves up Sheeple.

https://www.ajmc.com/view/researchers-w ... 9-vaccines" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jab first than ask questions later when you are at death door. Fools.
Do what you like but please stop trying to undermine the vaccine programme and stop trying to encourage others to increase their risk of dying from Covid. Or do you want people to die of Covid and to keep prolonging lockdown??