Film of Robins early 1960's

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longtimerobin
Hi I have watched the robins for well over 60 years and never thought we would be an established league club as we are now. I always hoped we would one day. Traveling to the likes of Kings Lynn, Barry, Worcester and Bath to watch the team play, sometimes winning but many times not so good. After having a sort out at home i found some old cine film taken of the robins playing at Whaddon road in the early 60' before the main stand was built and soon after. I had them transferred to disc, i was wondering if someone could get them onto some social media so that anybody could see them, i'm not so good at that technical side of things. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP.
Admin
Site Administrator
Hi Longtimerobin,

I’d be happy to host them on this server and share them about, so long as the club are happy. I can check with Paul Godfrey first.
Fuller
Fantastic Longtimerobin!
This is right up my street and I’ve been hoping for years that someone would have some historic footage of the Robins.
I remember my mate took his cine camera to Whaddon Road around 1978, last time I asked him he couldn’t find the film. I recall it showed Dave Lewis scoring a penalty.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Maybe donate to the Trust/Club and they could do a really professional job. The Uni of Glos lot could make a nice production of it I am sure.
longtimerobin
The amount of film I have to about ten minutes in total, and will need editing, as there are several parts interwoven with family bits which I would not want to bore people with. I any one would still be interested get in touch.
CTFC Official
Evening longtimerobin,

Would you be free for a quick chat about your cine footage? I have sent you a couple of DMs but I am not a regular user of this site so I'm not sure if you're picking them up. I have an idea I'd like to share with you. Would you be able to send me an email via media@ctfc.com with the best way of contacting you?

Speak soon I hope,

Murry Toms
shevates
My first game 64 so would love to see what you have. Thanks so much