Head of commercial

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Good luck to him, seems to be a very difficult role but at least we are sorting out the basics like ticketing and catering which is a great start.
longmover
Robin wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 11:25 Good luck to him, seems to be a very difficult role but at least we are sorting out the basics like ticketing and catering which is a great start.
The role itself doesn't seem difficult, I think the environment though is.
Anteros
longmover wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 09:06
Robin wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 11:25 Good luck to him, seems to be a very difficult role but at least we are sorting out the basics like ticketing and catering which is a great start.
What do you mean the environment?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Anteros wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 09:58
Lack of funding, lack of options and perhaps most importantly, a fanbase which moans when new things are introduced.
longmover
Anteros wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 09:58
the working environment, loads of factors there, lack of ambition, lack of funds, lack of interest, lack of talent, not in the clique, too much red tape etc etc etc
Fuller
Fuller wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 11:14 A new head of commercial has been in place for a few months now apparently.
Richard Harris, previously at the Professional Cricketers Association in a commercial role.
Good luck Richard.
Looks like the Head of Commercial is after another person to join the team.

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/may/comm ... s-manager/
Uppy
Think they’ll struggle to get an experienced operations manager for £25k but good luck to them
Robin
£25k per annum is below the national average (which is now £31k), might get a few early graduates willing to do it for experience but definitely going to struggle to get a top tier experienced person on that salary.
Ihearye
Somewhat concerning, when the outline the depth of the role and one of the qualifying skills is 'Proficient user of the Microsoft Office suite'. High bar being set
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote: 13 May 2022, 15:32 £25k per annum is below the national average (which is now £31k), might get a few early graduates willing to do it for experience but definitely going to struggle to get a top tier experienced person on that salary.
Completely. Somewhat at odds with the requirement of having commercial operations management experience for other sports or events.
Jerry St Clair
Robin wrote: 13 May 2022, 15:32 £25k per annum is below the national average (which is now £31k), might get a few early graduates willing to do it for experience but definitely going to struggle to get a top tier experienced person on that salary.
That's net take-home pay of about £1800 pm. Average rental for a two bed flat in Cheltenham is £1100 so I think we can now see why turnover in the CTFC commercial department is so high.
Robin
Jerry St Clair wrote: 14 May 2022, 10:45
That's net take-home pay of about £1800 pm. Average rental for a two bed flat in Cheltenham is £1100 so I think we can now see why turnover in the CTFC commercial department is so high.

That's shocking :shock: Can see why a lot of people now move to Tewkesbury to live rather than stay in Chelt.
Ihearye
All of Shade's wish list should be a given. I would have thought the extra dimension we are paying the small bucks for. Is to augment the club's income? If we accept that the budget is currently determined by the size of crowd, which is by and large a pretty fixed number. Then the extra money needs to be coming from commercial ventures.
To meet Shade's requirements, I dare say a first year graduate who has a contact who knows something about sound systems, will do the job.
paperboy
Looking for a Media Manager too now.
Thought that was Richard Joyce's job title.

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/may/medi ... ns-manager
Fuller
paperboy wrote: 25 May 2022, 07:59 Looking for a Media Manager too now.

Is Richard Joyce moving on?
Shame if he is, as I think he has done an excellent job.
Fuller
Fuller wrote: 25 May 2022, 09:07

I’ve just seen a job ad for another new role at CTFC.
Commercial Partnerships Manager.
It’s on LinkedIn if you want to apply!
Ralph
Fuller wrote: 25 May 2022, 09:07

Still with us according to the internet. Hope so. He does a good job
Ihearye
I believe when you are a media and communications manager for a company. and advertise yourself as such. You should not be tweeting your own personal political views. Bit of respect gone. I always told anyone who worked for me, no politics, religion or anything you would not discuss with your grandmother.
Horteng
I think Richard Joyce's coverage is very poor particularly when you look at the job description. We don't get much at all from the club. Most of it comes from Jon P.
plymrob
Better than thou feedback...?
Some people might think they are good (and better), but do not say it. They have class. I think Joycie has done alright. Good 'lockdown' output. Called out a bully... is that a bad thing?
Ihearye
plymrob wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 16:41 Better than thou feedback...?
Some people might think they are good (and better), but do not say it. They have class. I think Joycie has done alright. Good 'lockdown' output. Called out a bully... is that a bad thing?
is calling out a bully a bad thing? errrr obviously no
Si Robin
I'm intrigued by his politics - I've just gone through his Twitter feed and don't see anything even remotely political there.
Ihearye
Si Robin wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 17:05 I'm intrigued by his politics - I've just gone through his Twitter feed and don't see anything even remotely political there.
As an example retweeted -

Tonia Antoniazzi MP 🌈 🇺🇦
@ToniaAntoniazzi
·
3 Feb
Cold homes and hungry children but the Tories gave a tax cut to bankers yesterday. Boris Johnson's Britain.

Irrespective if you agree, disagree, don't care less. I don't believe a twitter feed which he links to his employer by stating his position within CTFC in his profile, is either very professional or appropriate.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 18:03
Si Robin wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 17:05 I'm intrigued by his politics - I've just gone through his Twitter feed and don't see anything even remotely political there.

Tonia Antoniazzi MP 🌈 🇺🇦
@ToniaAntoniazzi
·
3 Feb
Cold homes and hungry children but the Tories gave a tax cut to bankers yesterday. Boris Johnson's Britain.

Irrespective if you agree, disagree, don't care less. I don't believe a twitter feed which he links to his employer by stating his position within CTFC in his profile, is either very professional or appropriate.
I assume he has ‘views my own’ in his bio, which is the done thing. It’s his account after all, not a club one.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 18:54

Tonia Antoniazzi MP 🌈 🇺🇦
@ToniaAntoniazzi
·
3 Feb

I assume he has ‘views my own’ in his bio, which is the done thing. It’s his account after all, not a club one.
Rather than assume, just have a look?
I note he has now removed reference to his employer on his twitter profile. Which shows, he reads these comments and can see that it is unprofessional to link, in any way, his private views and his employment.
Adding some cryptic comment RJ does not justify your actions.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 20:19
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 18:54

Tonia Antoniazzi MP 🌈 🇺🇦
@ToniaAntoniazzi
·
3 Feb

Rather than assume, just have a look?
I note he has now removed reference to his employer on his twitter profile. Which shows, he reads these comments and can see that it is unprofessional to link, in any way, his private views and his employment.
Adding some cryptic comment RJ does not justify your actions.
Crikey Confused, is this personal or something? You are getting strangely worked up by a non-issue.
plymrob
I'll stand corrected because I do not follow all this extra curricula stuff. So sorry about that. I do agree about trying to keep two online lives separate...

Still, I think he's done alright by us though, and wish him well if he is leaving us.

I guess we now have much bigger worries...
Warwickshire Robin
Well , Richard as got a busy few days ahead now removing the departed managers face from all of next seasons hype material and advertising!!
Ihearye
RCS - remind me, in the future, to run any opinion I may have , by you first. To
a) let me know if I am entitled to have that opinion
and
b) for you to determine if it is a non issue in your mind, therefore saving me the trouble of posting in the first place.

Would have been much easier to have done that in the first place
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 13:55 RCS - remind me, in the future, to run any opinion I may have , by you first. To
a) let me know if I am entitled to have that opinion
and
b) for you to determine if it is a non issue in your mind, therefore saving me the trouble of posting in the first place.

Would have been much easier to have done that in the first place
Where have I said you can’t have an opinion? Of course you can have an opinion. As can I.

You gave yours, I gave mine, which I am entitled to as much as you are.

You can’t dish out opinion and moan like a snowflake if others give theirs. That’s just my opinion of course!
Fuller
JP tweeting that Richard Morris bead of commercial is moving on.
Little longevity in this role at CTFC for sure.
Broadway Brian
Fuller wrote:JP tweeting that Richard Morris bead of commercial is moving on.
Little longevity in this role at CTFC for sure.
Give it to Luke and be done.

Clearly not paying enough for it to be a 2 man job.
longmover
just bin it off, nothing worthy has ever been done in this role, its quite obvious the rest of the board couldn't give two 5hits for it.
art vandalay
The longevity of previous incumbents suggests that Liz Truss must be up for this role next.
London Exile
Unfortunately anyone who works in the commercial division that does well will inevitably get poached by bigger and more ambitious clubs.

We must have talented commercial and well connected supporters but the club seem reluctant to reach out and look for that help.

Good luck to Rich Morris, it’s a shame we’ve lost him