BBC and Curling

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
Jeez the BBC where doing their best to make it seem like curling is the national sport of the UK, it got a lot of airtime (5live) and presenters where talking about it like everyone new (or cared) what they were on about. That's it now, time to tuck it away for another four years for a "sport" that is basically putting things away and then sweeping it up.

In fact I would go along way in saying most of the winter Olympic events are just past times / hobbies and no idea why its given soo much coverage in this country?
asl
I must say, I actually really enjoy the curling. Skiing, snowboarding, ice skating...I can take or leave those - but curling is a brilliant, technical, tactical sport that I would love to have a go at.

Also, Anna Sloan, former GB third who opted out from selection for this years squad. The sport was even better when she played.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

Shade
asl wrote: 21 Feb 2022, 13:48 I must say, I actually really enjoy the curling. Skiing, snowboarding, ice skating...I can take or leave those - but curling is a brilliant, technical, tactical sport that I would love to have a go at.

Also, Anna Sloan, former GB third who opted out from selection for this years squad. The sport was even better when she played.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk
God, I missed little Anna this year, big shame she decided to take a break from the sport after the last Olympics. What a joy she was/probably still is to watch. I also agree with the rest of your post. I didn't watch anywhere near as much this year due to the timings, and possibly partly due to the lack of medal prospects for GB, but it's always good (and a blessed relief, sometimes) to see something different on the TV every now and then.

They are no more hobbies than anyone playing any professional sport. They all have to be dedicated to their sport and why shouldn't we be able to watch them perform just because we only have a few days of snow every year?!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Same as how the country goes mad for any sport we get golds in and then forgets about it for four years.

What I did think is a bigger priority is getting England good at curling. If Scotland do ever go independent we can’t have them winning more medals than us.