season tickets

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

bigdavejambo
with it almost been time for the club to be thinking about next seasons prices - how do we think the club will do this? with everything going up and fans having less money to spend will prices be frozen/reduced or increased?

i think this needs to be very carefully marketed as fans are struggling with everyday costs and cant afford more increases
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Depends on the individual fan.

Some may like the certainty of having 23 games of football paid for and budgeted cut back on other discretionary spending on things which may still go up in price during the next year, and therefore would be able to stomach a £30 increase.
Robin
Prices need to be frozen otherwise we will lose season ticket holders given how other costs are rising.
Horteng
Depends what league we are in
Si Robin
I don't think it matters what league we are in. Any increase in price would be an absolute joke.

The prices are already the highest in the division. Frankly, they're too high as they are and I think I'm going to struggle getting one even if they remain the same.
Ben version 4:0
Horteng wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 07:00 Depends what league we are in
They'd be certain to go up if we make the Championship, but with a maximum of 77 points up for grabs I am sure the board are keeping tabs on how much Everton charge for comparison purposes
QED
Si Robin wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 07:27 The prices are already the highest in the division.

Not the highest but almost the widest spread - sixth lowest in the division at the bottom end (renewals, standing), fifth highest at the top (new season tickets in the seats).
Si Robin
Of course - I'm confusing it with on the day prices.

The 6th lowest is a bit of a red herring in my opinion given it was only to people who didn't request a refund from the 20/21 season (and 19/20).
longmover
Early bird needs to be introduced (not just for renewals) and prices need to be frozen considering the financial circumstances and the price increase for this season. I know they wanted to maximize profits just in case we were only here for one season but fingers crossed this wont be the case.
Ben version 4:0
[/quote]
Not the highest but almost the widest spread - sixth lowest in the division at the bottom end (renewals, standing), fifth highest at the top (new season tickets in the seats).
[/quote]

This is for full paying people. I get a joint season ticket for me and my son (as he plays in the Cheltenham youth football league) for £250 between us. It came out at end of august so I missed a few games, but if we get to about 18 home games that's £13.88 per game BETWEEN US. Great value.

I wonder what percentage of season tickets are on some sort of discount?
Warwickshire Robin
I think at worst they have to freeze prices at best they introduce some further discounted ticket ranges based on age, employment, half season tickets etc.

It's a balancing act isn't it. Not sure how many ST holders we have this season but if it is say 1,000 then an increase of £30 a season ticket means £30,000 extra revenue. However, if that price increase puts off say 100 from renewing then even at the lowest rate that is £25,500 less income, virtually wiping out the extra and risking alienating support and less matchday revenue and atmosphere.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Warwickshire Robin wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 12:05 I think at worst they have to freeze prices at best they introduce some further discounted ticket ranges based on age, employment, half season tickets etc.

It's a balancing act isn't it. Not sure how many ST holders we have this season but if it is say 1,000 then an increase of £30 a season ticket means £30,000 extra revenue. However, if that price increase puts off say 100 from renewing then even at the lowest rate that is £25,500 less income, virtually wiping out the extra and risking alienating support and less matchday revenue and atmosphere.
This may sound divisive and elitist but how about some tiering of STs? There could be three levels for argument’s sake reflecting different levels of willingness and ability to pay:

1. Basic ST with a £15 reduction on price compared to this season. Entry to all league games, but no first in the queue priority for guaranteeing the usual seat for big cup games (but priority for tickets above general sale).

2. Standard ST. Same price as now. Usual guaranteed same seat for big games. Free entry to Pizza Cup matches.

3. Premium ST. Same as 2 but increased price (say +£40) plus one free meal in pre-match dining per season and weekly free entry to one of the exclusive lounges pre-match. Up to (e.g) four tickets able to be purchased for big cup games.
Shade
All I'll say is, if you want a decent playing budget and the team to be competitive next season, don't moan if prices go up. As we all know, we have lowest, or second lowest, budget in this division - and yet some still moan like buggery about performances and prices they pay to watch it. Yes, prices can be higher than a lot of clubs, but these are OUR circumstances. If you want cheaper season tickets at Cheltenham Town, you'll have to be happy with National League football and not looking for promotion out of it - or get 1000 more fans through the gate every week or someone to stump up millions for a new stand and the revenue opportunities that will bring.

Just to note, Ipswich's cheapest ST is a lot higher than ours, and their most expensive is £11 cheaper. They get around 16,000 more fans per match than us. That's a gigantic amount of extra income, and we beat and drew with them this season. Times are hard, but if you want CTFC to keep up results like that, then we are going to have to pay.
Si Robin
Accrington's is a lot cheaper, and I haven't seen them struggling in League One for some time.

They're also getting 1200 less fans in than us on average.
Wellwisher
Si Robin wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 15:28 Accrington's is a lot cheaper, and I haven't seen them struggling in League One for some time.

They're also getting 1200 less fans in than us on average.
Theres a lot more to it than just saying Club A charges £X, while Club B in the same division charges £2X.

For one thing, Accrington s surrounded by any number of big PL and Championship clubs within a one hour drive, unlike your town.

And there's also a lot more money knocking about in Cheltenham than there is in Accrington - eg Rightmove has the average price of a terraced house in Cheltenham as £346k, in Accrington it is £93k.

While comfort, facilities and modernity of the stadium are also key, not least amongst those clubs who have gone all-seater.

In the end, clubs will charge what they think they can get, meaning the likes of Ipswich will be expensive, whereas clubs like Accy will be cheap.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not sure when this is from but some comments from the Stanley owner: https://d3d4football.com/pricing-realit ... n-stanley/
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 08 Mar 2022, 18:08 Not sure when this is from but some comments from the Stanley owner: https://d3d4football.com/pricing-realit ... n-stanley/
9.£20 isn’t a small amount but it doesn’t cover the cost of running the club. Remember £4 is paid in VAT to HMRC. Yes we declare and pay!

probably best to avoid those digital turnstiles then :lol: ;)
bigdavejambo
quite a few clubs have been shrewd and put next seasons packages on sale before the April price hikes kick in when fans will see their wallets battered
bigdavejambo
now that we are safe wonder if the club are thinking about putting next seasons tickets on sale soon while the feel good factor is around?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I reckon it will be announced on the day of, or few days prior to, the Good Friday home match.

Hope to see some more new approaches similar to what I suggested earlier in this thread.
bigdavejambo
a lot of clubs are starting to announce next seasons packages so im guessing something might be coming soon
Wellwisher
bigdavejambo wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 18:16 a lot of clubs are starting to announce next seasons packages so im guessing something might be coming soon
The deadline to renew ST's at Brentford to guarantee your place for next season was 16 March, while at Spurs it is 28 April.

Both clubs are heavily oversubscribed.
bigdavejambo
Wellwisher wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 23:20
bigdavejambo wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 18:16 a lot of clubs are starting to announce next seasons packages so im guessing something might be coming soon
The deadline to renew ST's at Brentford to guarantee your place for next season was 16 March, while at Spurs it is 28 April.

Villa announce upto a 30% increase
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
bigdavejambo wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 06:43
Wellwisher wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 23:20

Villa announce upto a 30% increase
Price or sales?
bigdavejambo
Prices
QED

All on new ticket system

Payment in 3 installments (May, June and July) available on request

Digital tickets and membership cards from next season

Match day prices frozen for next season

Junior Robins to end, replaced by something new to be announced
Sparky
I think it's a bit much increasing the season tickets by 11% considering the state of the economy with food prices energy and fuel prices of the scale. What about all those supporters who donated their season ticket money. Come on Cheltenham you could have at least frozen the prices as the rise will lose you supporters who cannot afford the increase.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
£409 early bird adult in the CF still works out at less than £18 per game. So more than £10 less than the pay on the gate game.

The pay in advance price of £26 would total £598 to attend every game, so an ST saves £189.

Would have been nice to have had a premier option with access to an ST holders only bar/cafe pre-match but no real complaints from me.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 21 Apr 2022, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
CTFCfan99
Interesting that the club's social media branding has gone distinctly ruby-coloured - maybe a hint that we'll be returning to a ruby kit next season?
Shade
Sparky wrote: 21 Apr 2022, 12:32 I think it's a bit much increasing the season tickets by 11% considering the state of the economy with food prices energy and fuel prices of the scale. What about all those supporters who donated their season ticket money. Come on Cheltenham you could have at least frozen the prices as the rise will lose you supporters who cannot afford the increase.
Reading the statement on the website will answer your queries, but what makes you think the club are immune to price rises? EVERYTHING is going up, the club are no different. The supporters that donated their ST money had extra discount this last season.
Shade
CTFCfan99 wrote: 21 Apr 2022, 13:21 Interesting that the club's social media branding has gone distinctly ruby-coloured - maybe a hint that we'll be returning to a ruby kit next season?
Noticed that. I hope so. After this last home kit, which has been by far my favourite since the Ruby kit, I think it's one of the only ways forward.
Si Robin
I'm the first person on here usually to moan about pricing at the club, but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised that the increase was only £39. I was expecting it to be the same as last year's after renewal price (was it £450?).

This is an increase I probably can afford, and I'm happy with that. I do accept thought that it will put a number off going though.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Here’s the full info on season tickets, the new online system, and how to renew.

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/april/hi ... announced/

Turns out I had two accounts on the system as I got two emails to the same email address asking me to validate/activate my account, but with two different variations of my name!
Shade
Greedy. I haven't had one email.
Dave Beesley
Many apologies Shade

Could you check your Spam/Junk folder please?

And if it isn't there, please email tickets@ctfc.com where Tim will do his best to help you.