Football finances

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
Just a little snippet written by my favourite sports writer,Martin Samuels.

"It is the time of year when football clubs publish their annual financial results and there is some interesting reading.The parent company of one ambitious League Two side lost £91,000 pounds a week in 2020-21,have total losses of more than £15million since it was set up in 2015 and liabilities of more than £19million.Wages are now running at £143 for every £100 of income,one investor is owed £12.5m and gates average little more than 2,000,the lowest of the 92 football league clubs.
Of course,this is exactly the sort of set-up that makes many advocate the need for a government regulator.Financial doping,they call it.
Not me.I believe the owners of football clubs should invest as they wish,as long as the money is a gift,not a loan.But Gary Neville,and others,want this Conservative government to place a firmer hand on football's tiller.
So it should be interesting if the regulator ever looks at the above-mentioned club-because it's Salford City,where Neville is co-owner.
longmover
All these eyes on football finance is solely down to Derby being in the 5hit, add to this Rooney being the manager of Derby and you have the perfect storm of outrage from people such as GN. If Derby where not in this mess then nobody would bat an eyelid at another lower league football club going to the wall.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good to see the media being negative about Salford for a change.
Shade
Was convinced it was going to have been about FGR until I saw Neville’s name.
Ten Bobsworth
Shade wrote: 18 Apr 2022, 13:09 Was convinced it was going to have been about FGR until I saw Neville’s name.
You might well think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Anyroad Vince is losing his right hand man at FGR. Its in the SN&J but seems to be tucked away. Here it is if you're interested:

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/ ... ens-steps/

"The time feels right for me to pass the baton on", says yerman. Why would that be Henry?
Ten Bobsworth
You picked a fine time to leave us HS
Forty-three fans and a team that's a mess
You picked a fine time to leave us HS