Independent football regulator

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61211255

:lol: the absolute state of this, also the sharing of wealth between the prem and lower leagues? nah not interested in that bit
The Premier League said it "recognises and accepts the case for reform" but that a regulator "is not necessary".
:lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not sure why Newcastle and Chelsea were mentioned.
Dave Beesley
I spoke to Steve Kitchen today, on behalf of the Robins Trust, the Club and the Football Supporters Association

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bz9bk8

From 3 hours 20 mins onwards (Or 17:20 if you BBC Sounds uses the playout time)
longmover
I can see the potential weight in this in the lower leagues as it may just put off the z list spivs getting involved in lower league clubs but as per usual the premier league show they are above the law and don't want any eyes on their money which makes it all seem a bit pointless. Also anything that this current government identifies as requiring their involvement raises some suspicion of their and their "friends" real motives.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 08:37 I can see the potential weight in this in the lower leagues as it may just put off the z list spivs getting involved in lower league clubs but as per usual the premier league show they are above the law and don't want any eyes on their money which makes it all seem a bit pointless. Also anything that this current government identifies as requiring their involvement raises some suspicion of their and their "friends" real motives.
That’s the main thing for me.

The rules on stopping frauds and charlatans taking over when they can’t afford it need to be tightened and that’s where a strong regulator is needed.

That shouldn’t be conflated with things like Newcastle where it is quite clear their backers have resources and can afford it. Whether Saudis should be allowed to invest in British companies and assets is a question for government trade and investment policy in general, not football regulators. As we saw with Abramovich, government policy on foreign money and investment will effect football so a regulator wasn’t needed there.
Shade
longmover wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 08:37 I can see the potential weight in this in the lower leagues as it may just put off the z list spivs getting involved in lower league clubs but as per usual the premier league show they are above the law and don't want any eyes on their money which makes it all seem a bit pointless. Also anything that this current government identifies as requiring their involvement raises some suspicion of their and their "friends" real motives.
"this current government" :lol: What on earth makes you think any other government has been any different