Highs and lows: games

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Highs:

Charlton away was my favourite in person game, followed by Sheffield Wednesday at home.

For games I saw on iFollow, Sunderland at home was stand out with atmosphere and tension like watching the Man City game. Ipswich a good one ad well.

Lows:

Wimbledon cup game, and losing at Doncaster and Fleetwood were poor. Not turning up at Sunderland was a let down.

But losing at home to Crewe was the lowest, and 0-5 at home to Cambridge was just one of those days.
Broadway Brian
High: Ipswich / Sunderland at home

Low: Crewe at home
Warwickshire Robin
I think Ipswich at home was the high for me because it was fairly early on and it showed we could compete at this level with good teams.

The low for me was actually not a defeat but the draw at home to Charlton. We were in the middle of the long run without a win, we played well, dominated the game then conceded that 95th minute equaliser after making those late subs. Came away from that game gutted and wondering when that next 3 points would come.
Shade
The low: Lincoln away. Absolutely pathetic first 20 minutes and Lincoln just went into cruise mode after that and we still offered very little. I think that was the worst 90 minute performance because there was a huge lack of effort as well as quality on that day. I know part of the reason for the performance was that we were safe, and thank God nothing rested on the game otherwise heads would have rolled. At least when we lost some of those other games, Sunderland away, Cambridge at home, Crewe at home, there was some show of fighting spirit every now and then, even if we were awful.

High points:
Alfie's 4 at Wycombe, and the 5-5 draw.
Last minute equaliser v Sheff Weds and Matty Blair in tears.
Beating Ipswich.
Beating Sunderland.
Beating Portsmouth at last.
Having the character to come back to grind out a draw or even grab a win on so many occasions, especially when not playing well.
Getting back into the ground for more than a couple of games and watching us complete our best season ever in terms of finishing position.
Robin
Highs for me were Charlton, Sunderland and Ipswich victories. Lows were defeats at Donny, home to Crewe in games we just let ourselves down in.