Stale loses another!

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 10:55
Ihearye wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 10:38
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 07:52 Getting close to 5,000 views now, which isn’t too bad.
Hoping for a bit of local knowledge though.
Vince has been really good at borrowing to finance his vanity projects and his personal expenditure but will he be able to sell for enough to repay all the debt?
A LOT of those views, I would suggest, are to catch up on the slanging match with our resident diplomat RCS and yourself
RCS seems to be a bit of a Vince apologist if you ask me. I don't really have any political affiliation but isn't RCS a bit of a lefty and doesn't Vince give (other people's) money to the Labour Party? Or am I putting two and two together and getting the wrong answer?

Bolton Nuts are nearly all lefties and, Sluffy excepted, they really don't like Vince being brought up.
I am not a Vince apologist. All through this thread and in the past I have been clear he is an egotistical so and so and dodgy businessman. Saying they are all as bad as each other and some are worse is not apologising.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 11:33
Ihearye wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 10:38

A LOT of those views, I would suggest, are to catch up on the slanging match with our resident diplomat RCS and yourself
RCS seems to be a bit of a Vince apologist if you ask me. I don't really have any political affiliation but isn't RCS a bit of a lefty and doesn't Vince give (other people's) money to the Labour Party? Or am I putting two and two together and getting the wrong answer?

Bolton Nuts are nearly all lefties and, Sluffy excepted, they really don't like Vince being brought up.
I am not a Vince apologist. All through this thread and in the past I have been clear he is an egotistical so and so and dodgy businessman. Saying they are all as bad as each other and some are worse is not apologising.
If, 'saying they are all as bad as each other and some are worse' is not being an apologist, what is it? Mendacious, dishonest, prejudiced, bigoted, warped?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 11:45

If, 'saying they are all as bad as each other and some are worse' is not being an apologist, what is it? Mendacious, dishonest, prejudiced, bigoted, warped?
Much more simple. It’s me saying I dislike Vince as much as the next dodgy director.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 12:02

Much more simple. It’s me saying I dislike Vince as much as the next dodgy director.
No its not.
Its you squirming and being mendacious, dishonest, prejudiced, bigoted and warped.
asl
Alright, 50p...starting to get a bit unnecessary, now...

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 12:26
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 12:02

No its not.
Its you squirming and being mendacious, dishonest, prejudiced, bigoted and warped.
Right. Exactly how is me not liking DV mendacious, dishonest, prejudiced, bigoted and warped?
Ten Bobsworth
asl wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 12:47 Alright, 50p...starting to get a bit unnecessary, now...

Fair enough. I'll just ignore him.
You can call me Bob if you like.
Ten Bob btw is the amount Dean Holdsworth paid for a half share of Bolton Wanderers. He walked off with a few hundred thousand not long afterwards. Its a long story but one that's never been covered by the local rag that is the Bolton News
Ten Bobsworth
The view count keeps growing
So should I keep going?

I’ve still not figured out where Dale’s got this latest £10million apparition from but the share capital has risen to £18,000 in Green Britain Group. Yeah I know that’ s not a lot when you owe £200million but it is better than £1.80.

I’ll have to take another look at Fleetwood’s owner’s accounts this week. They have the same accountants as Bolton Wanderers (and Big Sam). Sam says his accountant taught him everything he knows about balance sheets. Have any of you Nesters read Big Sam’s self-congratulatory tsunami of tripe and twaddle?
ctfc-fan
Here’s one for you…..

As I see it, GBG made a loss in its first set of accounts and was afforded a corporation tax refund.

Also, I notice at quick glance the 18000 shares were from Egotricity Group Ltd but can’t see they had that many shares available
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote: 16 Oct 2022, 08:37 Here’s one for you…..

As I see it, GBG made a loss in its first set of accounts and was afforded a corporation tax refund.

Also, I notice at quick glance the 18000 shares were from Egotricity Group Ltd but can’t see they had that many shares available
In the GBG accounts I assume the £18k in called up shared capital and the -£18m merger reserve are linked.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

In the GBG accounts I assume the £18k in called up shared capital and the -£18m merger reserve are linked.
I literally had a 1 minute look.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote: 16 Oct 2022, 08:49
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

I literally had a 1 minute look.
About 90 seconds for me.
Ten Bobsworth

I noticed the tax refund too. I haven't figured it out yet but sense a smell of wangle. R&D claims?

I may btw have been the first person to coin the Egotricity name. I'd certainly not heard it before I used it in the Stroud News and Journal many moons ago. Should be worth at least £3million.
ctfc-fan
Ten Bobsworth wrote:

I noticed the tax refund too. I haven't figured it out yet but sense a smell of wangle. R&D claims?

I may btw have been the first person to coin the Egotricity name. I'd certainly not heard it before I used it in the Stroud News and Journal many moons ago. Should be worth at least £3million.
Could be R&D but think can also be claimed against tax paid in previous years, even across a group.
Ten Bobsworth
ctfc-fan wrote: 16 Oct 2022, 10:08
Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Could be R&D but think can also be claimed against tax paid in previous years, even across a group.
If companies have tax losses to set against profits, it would be bonkers to hang around before claiming them. I think you’d have to go back years to find out when Egotricity last paid corporation tax. Corporation tax on Vince’s interest- free loans might be part of it, I suppose.
Ten Bobsworth
“Bills to mills” is the motto of Egotricity if you believe the sexagenarian narcissist, and there’s no shortage of numb nuts that fall for it.

Follow the money and there’s a hidden message: “Heads I win, tails you lose”.

Try, for example, figuring out where the money came from to finance The Electric Highway and where the money goes from selling it.
Ten Bobsworth
Anyone figured it out yet?

Here’s a clue. Take all media reports with a large pinch of salt.

They report what they are told.
HamTown
I feel this thread causes a collective groan every post akin to when a goalie kicks the ball out for the fifth time in a row
Ten Bobsworth
HamTown wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 09:54 I feel this thread causes a collective groan every post akin to when a goalie kicks the ball out for the fifth time in a row
[/quote

Do you really? You might be correct of course.

There are definitely a lot of people who think that Vince should remain on the pedestal he’s spent so long erecting for himself.
Ten Bobsworth
Whether they like it or not, there are still folk viewing this thread in quite large numbers. There are still some things I want to look into in a bit more detail myself but before that I thought I should point out what Ecotricity had to say about the Gridserve deal. Here it is:

https://www.ecotricity.co.uk/our-news/2 ... -gridserve

Its the usual self-congratulatory stuff, of course, but you wouldn't expect any different, would you?

It doesn't say how much the deal’s worth, who gets the money or who actually provided the money for the development expenditure.

But neither do any of the reports that I have seen and I have done quite a bit of searching. It's a bit like a football match where you can’t find any report that mentions any goals or the final score.
Ten Bobsworth
£74million. Yes £74million is what Gridserve say they paid for Vince's 'baton '.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history

It didn't stop Vince telling The Times that he had no savings and was still overdrawn every month.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dale ... -08s9pztkp

I think he enjoys these little chats with the media. I suspect he gets a kick out of pulling the wool over their eyes.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 08:41 £74million. Yes £74million is what Gridserve say they paid for Vince's 'baton '.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history

It didn't stop Vince telling The Times that he had no savings and was still overdrawn every month.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dale ... -08s9pztkp

I think he enjoys these little chats with the media. I suspect he gets a kick out of pulling the wool over their eyes.
And?
Ten Bobsworth
'What makes us different is that we have no shareholders. So, instead of paying dividends we invest your bills in building new forms of green energy.', it still says on the Ecotricity website.

Its not true. They don't have 'no shareholders'. They have one.

And they don't pay dividends because folk who receive dividends have to pay income tax and, if its a lot, its at 45%. Dale pays income tax but only on a fraction of the money he takes out.

Capital gains is the thing to go for. That's only 20% and, until that stingy barsteward Sunak stepped in, you could get away with 10% on the first £10million. Guess who did (or at least tried to)?

So what about The Electric Highway? How many shareholders did that have? Only one at first until 49% of the shares owned by Ecotricity were switched into the name of Dale Vince.

Isn't that going to leave a load of lucre in Dale's hands? You bet. I wonder where it will all go.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 09:34 'What makes us different is that we have no shareholders. So, instead of paying dividends we invest your bills in building new forms of green energy.', it still says on the Ecotricity website.

And they don't pay dividends because folk who receive dividends have to pay income tax and, if its a lot, its at 45%. Dale pays income tax but only on a fraction of the money he takes out.

Capital gains is the thing to go for. That's only 20% and, until that stingy barsteward Sunak stepped in, you could get away with 10% on the first £10million. Guess who did (or at least tried to)?

So what about The Electric Highway? How many shareholders did that have? Only one at first until 49% of the shares owned by Ecotricity were switched into the name of Dale Vince.

Isn't that going to leave a load of lucre in Dale's hands? You bet. I wonder where it will all go.
Nothing illegal or different to most business owners/Directors?
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 10:25
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 09:34 'What makes us different is that we have no shareholders. So, instead of paying dividends we invest your bills in building new forms of green energy.', it still says on the Ecotricity website.

I couldn't help noticing several comings and goings amongst directors of Cheltenham Town Football Club and, though I can't say that I've heard of any of them, some do seem to have been in business. If they are, as you say, no different, is there something in the water round your way that makes them all as shy, unassuming, truthful and public-spirited as Dale Vince?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 15:00

I couldn't help noticing several comings and goings amongst directors of Cheltenham Town Football Club and, though I can't say that I've heard of any of them, some do seem to have been in business. If they are, as you say, no different, is there something in the water round your way that makes them all as shy, unassuming, truthful and public-spirited as Dale Vince?
No idea. Depends on the size and sector their businesses as to what legal steps they take to minimise tax as they are entitled to do

Bear in mind that almost all of the shares are owned by people who are not directors, so the situation is different to FGR.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 15:47

No idea. Depends on the size and sector their businesses as to what legal steps they take to minimise tax as they are entitled to do

Bear in mind that almost all of the shares are owned by people who are not directors, so the situation is different to FGR.
Are you an authority on tax law or accounting law and practice or business finance?
Or just somebody who likes to pretend that they are?
Some people get away with stretching the law like its bubblegum. Some people don’t .
Some people don’t even try.
They are not all the same by any stretch of the imagination, so stop pretending.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 16:03
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 15:47

Are you an authority on tax law or accounting law and practice or business finance?
Or just somebody who likes to pretend that they are?
Some people get away with stretching the law like its bubblegum. Some people don’t .
Some people don’t even try.
They are not all the same by any stretch of the imagination, so stop pretending.
I literally said I had no idea, so…
Ten Bobsworth
'No idea' is fair enough, RCS.

My thread on Bolton Nuts, 'The Bullshit Papers' has been going off piste too much recently but I found a nice seam of bullshit this morning on gloucestershirelive.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... ud-7766720

Its hard to know where to start but Andy Burnham's apparently 'the King of the North', Vinny's not selling Egotricity (nobody wants to buy it more like) and he's now setting his sights on the North West.

Anyone got any news on Doctor Dean Holdsworth? Doctor who, do I hear you ask?

Yes, its true. The University of Bolton gave him an honorary doctorate for services to football last year.

He was Bolton Wanderers most expensive player when they signed him as a striker in 1997 to help the club stay in the Premiership. He managed all of 3 goals that season and the club was relegated on goal difference.

But our hero was to return buying half the club for 50P and saddling it with a £4million debt secured on the Reebok Stadium with an interest rate of 28% if it wasn't repaid by the end of the month. Was it repaid by the end of the month? No chance.
asl
We once bought Jason White, who had a decent goal-scoring record. We also bought some bloke nobody had heard of called Julian Alsop at about the same time, so all's fair.

In fairness, our Jase never tried to cream money out of the club (other than pulling a wage.)

Ten Bobsworth
asl wrote: 03 Nov 2022, 09:58 We once bought Jason White, who had a decent goal-scoring record. We also bought some bloke nobody had heard of called Julian Alsop at about the same time, so all's fair.

In fairness, our Jase never tried to cream money out of the club (other than pulling a wage.)

Would that be this Julian Alsop?

'Julian Alsop was a great steaming lummox. A footballing Hagrid, part-striker, part-Wookie. He was signed by Ian Atkins as a target man in his team of long-ball merchants. In 2004, while already on his way out of the club, Alsop was fired for unprofessional conduct'.
asl
Sounds about right. Something that involved a banana and a youth player, I believe...

Shade
Ah, Alsop and the fabled banana fracas. It will be a sad day when this isn't brought up at least once a year on here anymore, even though the incident took place at another club :lol:

Now only our second top League scorer ever, of course, thanks to our Alfie.
Ten Bobsworth
I deliberately left out bananagate. Robinsnest might be far too genteel for that sort of thing, I mused.
Si Robin
Shade wrote: 03 Nov 2022, 16:10 Ah, Alsop and the fabled banana fracas. It will be a sad day when this isn't brought up at least once a year on here anymore, even though the incident took place at another club :lol:
Yeah but the song at Weston on his return was something else :lol: