Stale loses another!

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Lord Elpuz
I fear this riddle has so consumed Mr Bobsworth, that it has actually made the poor fellow quite ill. Unfortunately, I don’t believe this Forum provides the ‘Care in the Community’ that this gentleman clearly requires.
Ten Bobsworth
Lord Elpuz wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 14:26 I fear this riddle has so consumed Mr Bobsworth, that it has actually made the poor fellow quite ill. Unfortunately, I don’t believe this Forum provides the ‘Care in the Community’ that this gentleman clearly requires.
Searching for intelligent life on social media could drive a man to distraction but there’s nowt like a bit of satire and parody to relieve the frustrations.

Do you ever have anything of substance to say?
Si Robin
Do you?
asl
Beat me to it, Si...

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

Lord Elpuz
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 16:20
Lord Elpuz wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 14:26 I fear this riddle has so consumed Mr Bobsworth, that it has actually made the poor fellow quite ill. Unfortunately, I don’t believe this Forum provides the ‘Care in the Community’ that this gentleman clearly requires.
Searching for intelligent life on social media could drive a man to distraction but there’s nowt like a bit of satire and parody to relieve the frustrations.

Prithee advise on where one should look for this substance? The only substance that has landed in these parts within the past two years, was the Winchcombe Meteorite, found upon the drive of a Cheltenham Town supporter, who magnanimously gave the substance away fully and freely to science and without riddle or drama.
Ten Bobsworth
Lord Elpuz wrote:21 Dec 2022, 17:34
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 16:20

Prithee advise on where one should look for this substance? The only substance that has landed in these parts within the past two years, was the Winchcombe Meteorite, found upon the drive of a Cheltenham Town supporter, who magnanimously gave the substance away fully and freely to science and without riddle or drama.
Then Dale Vince claimed it was his, turned it into diamonds and the three million quid it was worth was tax free?

What did it cost you to join DVAS ( the Dale Vince Appreciation Society)? Not that I’m thinking of joining, mind you.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 22:41
Then Dale Vince claimed it was his, turned it into diamonds and the three million quid it was worth was tax free?

What did it cost you to join DVAS ( the Dale Vince Appreciation Society)? Not that I’m thinking of joining, mind you.
Are you not? Thought you’d be keen to join if not already a lifetime member.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 23:34

I did inquire about joining as part of my research. They sent me an application form with a lot of personal questions on it.

The key question was, “ Are you a pea-brained pillock?”

I don’t think they wanted you if you answered “No”. They don’t want troublemakers joining.
Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on 22 Dec 2022, 07:37, edited 1 time in total.
Ten Bobsworth
The threads probably going to exceed 15,000 views today and so far there's only been one astute questioner that I can recall.

Never mind, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Si Robin
You'd think you'd take the hint to be honest.
Ten Bobsworth
Si Robin wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 07:43 You'd think you'd take the hint to be honest.
Nil desperandum. I'm convinced we'll find intelligent life in Cheltenham before we discover it on Mars.
Broadway Brian
Ten Bobsworth wrote:The threads probably going to exceed 15,000 views today and so far there's only been one astute questioner that I can recall.

Well I quite enjoy it although only drop in now and again.

Is all of this Christian Doidge inspired? That’s my working hypothesis.

That or just general mental meltdown instigated by events at sunny Wembley on 17/04/11 as with other Trotters fans I know.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 00:02
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 23:34

I did inquire about joining as part of my research. They sent me an application form with a lot of personal questions on it.

The key question was, “ Are you a pea-brained pillock?”

I don’t think they wanted you if you answered “No”. They don’t want troublemakers joining.
I assume you are still going with the application form. Must be on ten pages so far and probably not got round to actually answering the first question yet?
Ten Bobsworth
Broadway Brian wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 08:47
Ten Bobsworth wrote:The threads probably going to exceed 15,000 views today and so far there's only been one astute questioner that I can recall.

Well I quite enjoy it although only drop in now and again.

Is all of this Christian Doidge inspired? That’s my working hypothesis.

That or just general mental meltdown instigated by events at sunny Wembley on 17/04/11 as with other Trotters fans I know.
Nice to hear from you, Brian. I was at Wembley on 17 April 2011 for the FA Cup Semi-final against Stoke City. It was painful to watch but not as painful as the last match of the following season at Stoke which resulted in a financial spiral that nearly saw the club fold entirely. Ten years later its still in the recovery position.

Eddie Davies never recovered and died a couple of days after his final act of rescue only a few days after Doidge was signed in a deal which could only have been afforded if new money had come from somewhere. It was plain enough at the time that the club didn't have enough money to complete the season let alone pay any transfer fee for Doidge.

You are correct that Vince first really came to my attention through the Doidge affair and the bullshit frenzy that flowed from it with Vince and the Bolton News fanning the flames.

But my interest in football finance and media bullshit has a much longer history.
Lord Elpuz
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 07:52
Si Robin wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 07:43 You'd think you'd take the hint to be honest.
Nil desperandum. I'm convinced we'll find intelligent life in Cheltenham before we discover it on Mars.
Judging by the amount of verbal diarrhoea you espouse, I believe you would discover what you are looking for on Uranus.

And just for the record, Dale Vince neither acquired the Winchcombe Meteorite (that was given freely and unconditionally to the Natural History Museum) and he certainly didn’t turn it into diamonds for any tax concession. Your suggestion that he did is probably libellous.

Also for the record, I am definitely not a supporter in any shape or form, of Dale Vince … but he certainly does not dominate my mind obsessively.

You do come across as some sad old lonely has-been, with nothing left in your life but this vengeful desire to ‘get even’ with Dale Vince. Quite why you have chosen this Forum as your modus operandi implies that any other avenues you have tried have either failed, or you fear raising your head too high above the parapet.

Your jocular, whimsical riddles and prose, hark back to a time when you really believed you were someone and you are desperately trying to underline that with readers of this Forum. But instead of achieving your desired effect, you have failed because your presentation has been unconvincing, so you resort to questioning the intellectual capacity of the Forum readership, latching on to the number of views this thread has attracted to satisfy your own misplaced vanity. You need to understand that this whole thread has become something of a fictional soap opera without end, and people are just curious to know if or how it will end.
Ten Bobsworth
Lord Elpuz wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 08:54
Judging by the amount of verbal diarrhoea you espouse, I believe you would discover what you are looking for on Uranus.

And just for the record, Dale Vince neither acquired the Winchcombe Meteorite (that was given freely and unconditionally to the Natural History Museum) and he certainly didn’t turn it into diamonds for any tax concession. Your suggestion that he did is probably libellous.

Also for the record, I am definitely not a supporter in any shape or form, of Dale Vince … but he certainly does not dominate my mind obsessively.

You do come across as some sad old lonely has-been, with nothing left in your life but this vengeful desire to ‘get even’ with Dale Vince. Quite why you have chosen this Forum as your modus operandi implies that any other avenues you have tried have either failed, or you fear raising your head too high above the parapet.

Your jocular, whimsical riddles and prose, hark back to a time when you really believed you were someone and you are desperately trying to underline that with readers of this Forum. But instead of achieving your desired effect, you have failed because your presentation has been unconvincing, so you resort to questioning the intellectual capacity of the Forum readership, latching on to the number of views this thread has attracted to satisfy your own misplaced vanity. You need to understand that this whole thread has become something of a fictional soap opera without end, and people are just curious to know if or how it will end.
It’s got you thinkin. Not thinkin straight, but thinkin. It’s a start.
Lord Elpuz
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 09:29
Lord Elpuz wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 08:54

It’s got you thinkin. Not thinkin straight, but thinkin. It’s a start.
My fine fellow, the problem with your assertion, is you present it as if it were a challenge. Such challenges usually come with some form of beneficial reward … so you will not achieve that which you desire from the membership of this Forum, because there will be no beneficial reward for our fellow ‘Nesters’. Much as most of us dislike the way Dale Vince goes about his routines, we view him as fairly harmless to CTFC, and a bit of a joke. He doesn’t tax our thoughts as much as his tax affairs dominate your thoughts. I therefore have to conclude you would be better placed to take your riddles elsewhere - maybe even HMRC, although my advice to you in that quarter would be to present them with facts, not riddles, or as with this Forum, you will get nowhere.

As an interesting aside, I found this on a BWFC Forum dated 16 December 2018, so quite a long history of tedious twaddle:
“ You can't fail to notice that sluffy and Tens Bobsworth have turned every thread into an investigation into the financial goings on at BWFC. To be fair they've stretched the "Ken Anderson" thread to 22 pages by making the same point at least a hundred times.

Interestingly neither has commented on the Leeds game.

You may be unaware but this relationship started on Wanderers Ways, but they were kicked off there for being boring. Admin's final retort was "bore off".

So now they've taken up residence here, sluffy this morning claiming everyone on Nuts is glad Bobsworth has pitched up on here to pass on his experience of knowing nothing of Ken's financial dealings.

But is that the case? Are you bored shitless of this tedious pair, or are they a breath of fresh air amongst the talk of blow jobs, slippers and football?”

Elsewhere in that BWFC Forum, it implies you are/were an accountant? That explains a lot.
asl

paperboy
Excellent sleuthing m'lord!
Lord Elpuz
paperboy wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 13:26 Excellent sleuthing m'lord!
Thank you. Fortunately it wasn’t too difficult. People like Mr Bobsworth leave traces of their obsessive work all over the place. Choosing the Internet as a means of spreading his diatribe, means young fellow-me-lad Bob will always “publish and be damned”.
little mo
Lord Elpuz wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 15:58
Thank you. Fortunately it wasn’t too difficult. People like Mr Bobsworth leave traces of their obsessive work all over the place. Choosing the Internet as a means of spreading his diatribe, means young fellow-me-lad Bob will always “publish and be damned”.
Thank you for that Lord Elpuz. Now maybe the mods will finally act and spare us from this person, who has been offensive to just about anyone who dares to ask a civil question. The only poster who seems to give him any kind of support is Shandy,who as a Glos city fan is probably just fanning the flames. Now there is an idea Bob,trot off onto Glos City forum with your theories,they don't like Dale Vince. A word of warning though,the first time you offend a Glos fan you will be out of there quicker than Neil can say f#!$ off.
Lord Elpuz
little mo wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 16:56
Lord Elpuz wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 15:58
Thank you for that Lord Elpuz. Now maybe the mods will finally act and spare us from this person, who has been offensive to just about anyone who dares to ask a civil question. The only poster who seems to give him any kind of support is Shandy,who as a Glos city fan is probably just fanning the flames. Now there is an idea Bob,trot off onto Glos City forum with your theories,they don't like Dale Vince. A word of warning though,the first time you offend a Glos fan you will be out of there quicker than Neil can say f#!$ off.
Thank you little mo

There doesn’t appear to be a need for the Mods to act now, as it would seem that fingers have been burnt and a Tokoloshe doesn’t like fire.

It’s pretty clear from his lack of any further response, that Mr Bobsworth realises his game’s up. Literally. It’s been a long drawn out collective effort by members of this Forum but he’s finally been seen off. Well done everyone and Merry Christmas to you all.
Ten Bobsworth
Lord Elpim. Not just off piste, off his rocker. Next stop stalking?

It was a member of the BWFC Supporters Trust Board that described Wanderersways as ‘ sewer rats talking s#!t to each other’. I thought at the time that he’d gone too far. I still do but I did learn to understand why he came to that view. I’ll save you the detail.

Bolton Nuts is dying a death. It’s most sensible and reasoned contributor was Rammy White. Rammy was a qualified accountant who sadly died himself a couple of years ago leaving the owner Sluffy alone to contend with the cabal of lefty bullies and loonies that came to dominate the site. There aren’t many of them left now.

If there are any fruitcakes like Lord Elpim who think that parody is literal Lord Elpem.
Lord Elpuz
Dear Mods - we gave young Bobsworth the chance to retire gracefully. It took him a while to come up with his rather pitiful response to my last post, which genuinely lead me to believe we had seen him off. But true to his lengthy form on the Wanderersways and Nuts Forum’s, which saw him kicked off for boring folk to death, I have to concede that he cannot change his ways and he will go on to try and dominate our Forum going over and over and on and on about the same utterly pointless drivel … unless a ban is now imposed.

I leave it in your capable hands.
asl
This thread has certainly come to an end.