Something needs to be done

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The general descent of football fan behaviour at all tiers is reaching new lows.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-64068747

Quote from behind Telegraph paywall:

“Cornwell said his daughter had been left “really shook up”. “The 15-year-old was my daughter,” he posted on Twitter. “500+ football matches in 100+ stadia and I’ve never experienced anything like I did tonight. Horrible. Thanks to the paramedics, police and stewards that helped after the event. She’s OK now but still really shook up. Awful experience. She seems fine if very shaken and with a scar for life. Not sure if she’ll fancy heading back soon.” Cornwell claimed the object that hit his daughter was a “heavy plastic pint pot filled with beer and weighted with coins”.

Won’t be long until someone is very seriously injured or even killed by objects or pyros being thrown. What’s the matter with people?
Shade
Doesn't say from which set of supporters it was thrown? I can hazard a wild guess. But it won't be their fault.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 16:58 Doesn't say from which set of supporters it was thrown? I can hazard a wild guess. But it won't be their fault.
It was Liverpool fans, and their fans and club have acknowledged that and are taking action to identify and ban the fans.

City are also trying to identify people who racially abused disabled Liverpool fans in wheelchairs.

Your comment above is part of the problem. Disappointing to see on here; I thought CTFC fans were better than that. Shame.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 11:16
Shade wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 16:58 Doesn't say from which set of supporters it was thrown? I can hazard a wild guess. But it won't be their fault.
It was Liverpool fans, and their fans and club have acknowledged that and are taking action to identify and ban the fans.

City are also trying to identify people who racially abused disabled Liverpool fans in wheelchairs.

Your comment above is part of the problem. Disappointing to see on here; I thought CTFC fans were better than that. Shame.
and the 2022 sanctimonious award goes to ............................
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 13:58

Wow thanks. Still seven days to go so won’t count my chickens yet.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 11:16 It was Liverpool fans, and their fans and club have acknowledged that and are taking action to identify and ban the fans.

Don’t worry, no one will beat you/that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 16:14
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Don’t worry, no one will beat you/that.
I’m humbled. What’s the prize?
Shade
:lol: how is my comment that Liverpool fans (not that I actually mentioned Liverpool) are part of the problem, part of the problem? They have some of the worst fans in the country for all sorts of reasons. Just because their fans have been involved in terrible tragedies doesn't make it any less so. Maybe you're part of the problem for immediately assuming, I assume, that I was blaming them for Hillborough, rather all of the much more recent rubbish from parts of their fanbase.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, peace and goodwill to all men and all that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Everton rats this time:

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/01/0 ... man-united

I know it just reflects society as a whole but football needs to do something to protect fans from chavs like this.

Banning is all well and good but too late. If there were more stewards/police they could have pounced on the little scummers straight away after the first gob, for example. At least then fans would know clubs and authorities are taking anti-social behaviour seriously.
longmover
Ban away fans from certain clubs, yes they will moan its only a small percentage, but that small percentage follow your club. Like most things when factors effect clubs financially then they will take notice and do something until then they will just 'look into it'

Again nothing is ever done.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not surprising: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64252723

Arrests and bans up on last year (second highest ever) but evidently not high enough!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Everton again. Physically assaulting the CEO and Chair.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2023-0 ... ectors-box
Ten Bobsworth
It all kicked off at Bolton too and it wasn’t just chavs but who fomented it all?

That’s quite a long story but it involved most substantially the Bolton News and the Supporters Trust with earlier unhelpful and significant anti-Davies contributions from Sam Allardyce and the Guardian’s David Conn.
asl

Ten Bobsworth wrote:It all kicked off at Bolton too and it wasn’t just chavs but who fomented it all?
Ooo...I know, I know! Was it Dale Vince?
Ten Bobsworth wrote:That’s quite a long story
[Sigh] I bet it is.....
Ten Bobsworth wrote:but it involved most substantially the Bolton News and the Supporters Trust with earlier unhelpful and significant anti-Davies contributions from Sam Allardyce and the Guardian’s David Conn.
So no conclusion, then...?

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

ctfc-fan
asl wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:It all kicked off at Bolton too and it wasn’t just chavs but who fomented it all?
[Sigh] I bet it is.....
Ten Bobsworth wrote:but it involved most substantially the Bolton News and the Supporters Trust with earlier unhelpful and significant anti-Davies contributions from Sam Allardyce and the Guardian’s David Conn.

ImageImageImage
Ten Bobsworth
ctfc-fan wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 11:45
asl wrote:
[Sigh] I bet it is.....

ImageImageImage
I had quite high hopes for you, ctfc-fan, but I’m sorry, with the best will in the world, I couldn’t really recommend you for comedy school.

I’d happily have a word with Mr Handysides and see if he’d take you for woodwork.
ctfc-fan
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
asl wrote: Ooo...I know, I know! Was it Dale Vince?
[Sigh] I bet it is.....

ImageImageImage
I had quite high hopes for you, ctfc-fan, but I’m sorry, with the best will in the world, I couldn’t really recommend you for comedy school.

I’d happily have a word with Mr Handysides and see if he’d take you for woodwork.
I think you’ll find it was ASL
asl
Snitches get stitches.

Ten Bobsworth
ctfc-fan wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 13:07
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
ImageImageImage

I think you’ll find it was ASL
So it was. Mea culpa and humble apologies but I could have a word with Mr Handysides on his behalf.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Player attacked today following yesterday’s CEO attack.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64285177
Ten Bobsworth
Nowt doing on Nuts these days so I had a quick gander at Wanderersways yesterday. I'm not keen on WW but there's 8 pages of stuff on the the "peoples club" with over 8K views.

https://www.wanderersways.com/forum/top ... /#comments

I also had a quick visit to the Lunatic Asylum, aka the Bolton News.

It ran a headline that said:

Bolton boss Ian Evatt: Sharon Brittan is 'best owner in football'

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... -football/

There's some doubt about who actually owns the shares in, Football Ventures (Whites) Ltd, Bolton's owners and who funded them but Sharon is a persuasive talker.

FV are due to file their 'confirmation statement' (list of shareholders) at Companies House by next Tuesday. Last year they were over a month late but will we be much wiser when they do?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 08:44 Nowt doing on Nuts these days so I had a quick gander at Wanderersways yesterday. I'm not keen on WW but there's 8 pages of stuff on the the "peoples club" with over 8K views.

There's some doubt about who actually owns the shares in, Football Ventures (Whites) Ltd, Bolton's owners and who funded them but Sharon is a persuasive talker.

FV are due to file their 'confirmation statement' (list of shareholders) at Companies House by next Tuesday. Last year they were over a month late but will we be much wiser when they do?
Wrong thread as you are way off topic.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 10:28
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 08:44 Nowt doing on Nuts these days so I had a quick gander at Wanderersways yesterday. I'm not keen on WW but there's 8 pages of stuff on the the "peoples club" with over 8K views.

Yahwohl, mein Fuhrer.

So sorry to have interrupted you.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 10:54

Yahwohl, mein Fuhrer.

There’s a thread called “financial irregularities”. This thread is about anti-social, criminal and violent behaviour by fans. Not hard to grasp.
Shade
Here was me expecting to find something about Aaron Ramsdale being kicked by a Spurs fan, only to get a Bolton fan banging on about his clubs owner. Can't even ignore the bloody threads he's taken over anymore, as he is parasiting others.
Last edited by Shade on 18 Jan 2023, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 13:26
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 10:54

Yahwohl, mein Fuhrer.

There’s a thread called “financial irregularities”. This thread is about anti-social, criminal and violent behaviour by fans. Not hard to grasp.
With all due respect, RCS, might I suggest you give up any ambitions to go on Only Connect if you can't connect comments about Everton fans (The Peoples Club) with the police advising Everton's directors to stay away from Goodison Park on match days.

Not that I would wish to be associated with comments on Wanderersways. Many of them stand as testimony to what potty-mouthed ageing adolescents get up to when they've nowt better to do with their time.

As yet, no-one has tried to get Bolton's CEO in a headlock but Sharon Brittan's predecessor was also advised to stay away from the Reebok on match days for his own safety and for reasons of public order.
Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on 19 Jan 2023, 09:53, edited 2 times in total.
Ten Bobsworth
Am I to assume, RCS, that you didn’t check out the reference I provided.? If you had, you might have noticed that Pablo is an Everton fan with 13.7k posts to Wanderersways and Roger Dubuis a Rag with 1.5k
Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on 19 Jan 2023, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
Ten Bobsworth
Shade wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 13:55 Here was me expecting to find something about Aaron Ramsdale being kicked by a Spurs fan, only to get a Bolton fan banging on about his clubs owner. Can't even ignore the bloody threads he's taken over anymore, as he is parasiting others.
Oh dear! Have you sought any therapy or counselling? If I may say so, you do seem to be suffering from a particularly virulent form of parochialism. I feel sure you can get help.
Ten Bobsworth
Aaron Ramsdale would have been about 16 when Bolton Wanderers let him ago. Sam Allardyce was manager at the time

Pablo the Toffee's not fond of Big Sam. Neither am I but its nowt to do with Aaron Ramsdale.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 08:46 Am I to assume, RCS, that you didn’t check out the reference I provided.? If you had, you might have noticed that Pablo is an Everton fan with 13.7k posts to Wanderersways and Roger Dubuis a Rag with 1.5k
Of course I didn’t click your links. When sharing and discussing news stories of fan behaviour in stadia I have absolutely zero interest in who said what on a random Bolton fans forum or what they think of players and managers.

Nor do I care in the slightest how many posts random people on said forum have made or who they support. And no one on the RNF cares; it is meaningless and irrelevant information to the point of boredom. You can stop wasting your time writing about it.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 10:52
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 08:46 Am I to assume, RCS, that you didn’t check out the reference I provided.? If you had, you might have noticed that Pablo is an Everton fan with 13.7k posts to Wanderersways and Roger Dubuis a Rag with 1.5k
Of course I didn’t click your links. When sharing and discussing news stories of fan behaviour in stadia I have absolutely zero interest in who said what on a random Bolton fans forum or what they think of players and managers.

Nor do I care in the slightest how many posts random people on said forum have made or who they support. And no one on the RNF cares; it is meaningless and irrelevant information to the point of boredom. You can stop wasting your time writing about it.
Just as I thought. You aggressively claim that it’s the wrong thread and off topic without knowing or checking whether it is or it isn’t. At least you are consistent in being an unreliable witness.

Maybe you do speak for a gaggle of unreliable witnesses but I’m not entirely convinced of that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 11:11
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 10:52

Just as I thought. You aggressively claim that it’s the wrong thread and off topic without knowing or checking whether it is or it isn’t. At least you are consistent in being an unreliable witness.

Maybe you do speak for a gaggle of unreliable witnesses but I’m not entirely convinced of that.
Shade
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 08:50
Shade wrote: 17 Jan 2023, 13:55 Here was me expecting to find something about Aaron Ramsdale being kicked by a Spurs fan, only to get a Bolton fan banging on about his clubs owner. Can't even ignore the bloody threads he's taken over anymore, as he is parasiting others.
Oh dear! Have you sought any therapy or counselling? If I may say so, you do seem to be suffering from a particularly virulent form of parochialism. I feel sure you can get help.
I don't need help. Just need you to stop keep your bo11ocks to the appropriate threads so that I can avoid them.
Ralph
Shade wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 15:52
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 08:50
I don't need help. Just need you to stop keep your bo11ocks to the appropriate threads so that I can avoid them.
Pay attention Ten Bob.
Stay in the financial thread. Don't need you packing other threads with your stories..