Financial Irregularities

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Interesting piece on the BBC, today - with some nice, concise, explanations.

Juventus: 2023 begins with dark sky over Turin as financial & legal clouds gather - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64150753

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I assume we have Ten Bob to thank for this.

The effort required for multi year investigation and detailed concise report for the Italian authorities and UEFA must be why he has not had time to find out anything new or worthwhile about FGR. Commendable work!
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 17:40 I assume we have Ten Bob to thank for this.

The effort required for multi year investigation and detailed concise report for the Italian authorities and UEFA must be why he has not had time to find out anything new or worthwhile about FGR. Commendable work!
There’s quite a lot to follow up on Vince and Egotricity but why bother. The media continues to be next to useless and that suits Vince down to the ground.

Stale mince continues to get views though. Nearly a thousand since it was locked on Christmas Eve but there’s not much more to achieve on Robinsnest.

Bolton Nuts is way behind that. Only Bolton Bonce has contributed to VinceUlike.

Boncey is a vegan and self-proclaimed Trot. He used to work for Albert Gubay, founder of Quick Save. Gubay would say something to the effect that the stupider folk were the richer he got.

Gubay got a Papal Knighthood on account of giving half his fortune to the Catholic Church.
Ten Bobsworth
According to his latest tweet, Prince Vince is helping SkyNews shine a bright light into the ‘murky arena’ of election funding.

You couldn’t make it up but what’s the betting that SKY will be shining a bright light into the ‘murky arena’ of Egotricity funding.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 09:49 According to his latest tweet, Prince Vince is helping SkyNews shine a bright light into the ‘murky arena’ of election funding.

You couldn’t make it up but what’s the betting that SKY will be shining a bright light into the ‘murky arena’ of Egotricity funding.
I don’t know, what is the betting that Sky will be shining a bright light into the ‘murky arena’ of Egotricity funding?
asl
They might actually tell us what's going on, too.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 20:56 They might actually tell us what's going on, too.

:lol: :lol:
Ten Bobsworth
asl wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 20:56 They might actually tell us what's going on, too.

Slow learners, some folk
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 20:53
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 09:49 According to his latest tweet, Prince Vince is helping SkyNews shine a bright light into the ‘murky arena’ of election funding.

I don’t know, what is the betting that Sky will be shining a bright light into the ‘murky arena’ of Egotricity funding?
Long odds. Very long odds but you never know.

Why would they pick out Vince to have a chat with?

Could it be that they’ve discovered recently that he’s got form?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 14:21

G Nev is pals with Vince, so maybe he helped facilitate the interview/feature.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 14:24

Neville and Vince both have agendas in common. Are you suggesting that Neville may have sought to interfere in the conduct of inquiries into political funding on Vince’s behalf?

Does Vince have any reason to think that SKY might only be interested in Tory party funding and not his funding (if you could call it his money) of the Labour Party?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 22:35

Neville and Vince both have agendas in common. Are you suggesting that Neville may have sought to interfere in the conduct of inquiries into political funding on Vince’s behalf?

Does Vince have any reason to think that SKY might only be interested in Tory party funding and not his funding (if you could call it his money) of the Labour Party?
I am not suggesting anything of the sort. I was simply suggesting that personal friendship may have helped arrange the interview.

I have no opinion on the the other tin hat stuff you ask about. Sky may well ask him about his own funding for all we know.

You’re verging on conspiracy theory here.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 07:24

I am not suggesting anything of the sort. I was simply suggesting that personal friendship may have helped arrange the interview.

I have no opinion on the the other tin hat stuff you ask about. Sky may well ask him about his own funding for all we know.

I assume you had some reason to bring Neville into this even if I can’t figure out what it was. But they do seem to be a right pair of smug, self-satisfied, sanctimonious squillionaires, don’t they?

I might have mentioned it before but apart from both being directors of loss-making, tin-pot football clubs in the EFL both are trustees of a tin-pot charity called Sustainability in Sport.

You didn’t see much help from the Neville brothers to sustain Bury in its hour of need. Their dad, Neville Neville was a Director and his wife Secretary of twice FA Cup winners Bury iirc.

Now where were we?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 09:21

I assume you had some reason to bring Neville into this even if I can’t figure out what it was. But they do seem to be a right pair of smug, self-satisfied, sanctimonious squillionaires, don’t they?

I might have mentioned it before but apart from both being directors of loss-making, tin-pot football clubs in the EFL both are trustees of a tin-pot charity called Sustainability in Sport.

You didn’t see much help from the Neville brothers to sustain Bury in its hour of need. Their dad, Neville Neville was a Director and his wife Secretary of twice FA Cup winners Bury iirc.

Now where were we?
You may or may not have mentioned sustainability in sport before but it’s common knowledge to most on this forum and has been for years, and is why I mentioned G Nev in the first place.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 10:29

Now where were we?
You may or may not have mentioned sustainability in sport before but it’s common knowledge to most on this forum and has been for years, and is why I mentioned G Nev in the first place.
Anyroad I suspect that Vince thinks of himself as some sort of master media manipulator. Prince Harry seems to think that he is too. No matter what garbage they come out with, in their eyes, it all makes sense and only numpties would question it.

Vince seemed quite pleased with his little chat with SKY. It makes me wonder why.

I’m also wondering why ‘Stale loses another’ is still getting so many views. It’s on page 2 now.

You don’t suppose there might be non-nesters viewing it, do you?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 11:05

Now where were we?
Anyroad I suspect that Vince thinks of himself as some sort of master media manipulator. Prince Harry seems to think that he is too. No matter what garbage they come out with, in their eyes, it all makes sense and only numpties would question it.

Vince seemed quite pleased with his little chat with SKY. It makes me wonder why.

I’m also wondering why ‘Stale loses another’ is still getting so many views. It’s on page 2 now.

Probably lots of Bolton forum users reading it to have a chuckle at how you were eviscerated by Lord Elpuz and the other general mocking/dismissal of your own Vince/Harry style ramblings.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 13:03

Probably lots of Bolton forum users reading it to have a chuckle at how you were eviscerated by Lord Elpuz and the other general mocking/dismissal of your own Vince/Harry style ramblings.
You make Prince Harry seem almost sane by comparison and that takes some doing. Lord Elpyer.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 13:47

You make Prince Harry seem almost sane by comparison and that takes some doing. Lord Elpyer.
Ah, calling someone who questions you or who you disagree with insane once again. Insecure or just a bully, or both?
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 09 Jan 2023, 16:16

Ah, calling someone who questions you or who you disagree with insane once again. Insecure or just a bully, or both?
Let’s start with a missing vowels round:

R YLC HL TN HM TW RP
PTH TC
P TF L
I wonder if all those nice people that keep viewing ‘Stale loses another’ (well over 16,500 now) have figured out where the money came from that Vince donated to the Labour Party.

The Telegraph provided a few clues but how were they supposed to know that Ecotricity had been consistently over-stating customer debts and reporting profits that didn’t exist.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 10:06

R YLC HL TN HM TW RP
PTH TC
P TF L
I wonder if all those nice people that keep viewing ‘Stale loses another’ (more than 16,500 now) have figured out where the money came from that Vince donated to the Labour Party.

The Telegraph provided a few clues but how were they supposed to know that Ecotricity had been consistently over-stating customer debts and reporting profits that didn’t exist.
Both, then. Thought so.

But in fairness, you are finally starting to make an actual point there at the end.

Care to expand on what you know/think about customer debts and profits and what your evidence is?

Also, good to know you are a fellow Only Connect fan. Shame to see the Croots bow out this week. Might come face to face with you on there one day. Just make sure you give clearer and more precise answers as VCM won’t tolerate your usual obfuscation or prevarication when explaining connections and sequences.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 10:11

R YLC HL TN HM TW RP
PTH TC
P TF L
I wonder if all those nice people that keep viewing ‘Stale loses another’ (more than 16,500 now) have figured out where the money came from that Vince donated to the Labour Party.

Both, then. Thought so.

But in fairness, you are finally starting to make an actual point there at the end.

Care to expand on what you know/think about customer debts and profits and what your evidence is?

Also, good to know you are a fellow Only Connect fan. Shame to see the Croots bow out this week. Might come face to face with you on there one day. Just make sure you give clearer and more precise answers as VCM won’t tolerate your usual obfuscation or prevarication when explaining connections and sequences.
If I may say so, you do seem to have a limited attention span and a somewhat selective memory.

However, if my memory serves me well, the revelations disclosed in the 2017 accounts of the Ecotricity group have previously been referred to on this site.

Try again. You don’t need to get past Page 1 of the Strategic Report.

I would not be surprised if you turned up on Only Connect. Most of the teams seem to compromise an uncommon number of oddballs.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 11:21

R YLC HL TN HM TW RP
PTH TC
P TF L

Both, then. Thought so.

If I may say so, you do seem to have a limited attention span and a somewhat selective memory.

However, if my memory serves me well, the revelations disclosed in the 2017 accounts of the Ecotricity group have previously been referred to on this site.

I would not be surprised if you turned up on Only Connect. Most of the teams seem to compromise an uncommon number of oddballs.
Please let’s not re-tread old ground and go round in circles as per the locked thread. This was your chance to provide new and insightful information. Shame.

Lock the thread, Mods.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 12:00
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 11:21

Both, then. Thought so.

Please let’s not re-tread old ground and go round in circles as per the locked thread. This was your chance to provide new and insightful information. Shame.

Lock the thread, Mods.
Time for another missing vowels round:

TT LDL SN

T YS ND PR M

N BLV BL JFF
ctfc-fan
https://www.punchline-gloucester.com/ar ... bour-party

So he’s donating to Just Stop Oil too to help them out but Kier Starmer is against their tactics.

If we stop oil, how do his wind turbines get made and installed?!
Ten Bobsworth
ctfc-fan wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 13:41 https://www.punchline-gloucester.com/ar ... bour-party

So he’s donating to Just Stop Oil too to help them out but Kier Starmer is against their tactics.

If we stop oil, how do his wind turbines get made and installed?!
It’s on Sky and in the Daily Mail today but none of them have got round to ‘following the money’ trail yet. Whose money was he spending?

Some of it’s his own now but that’s summat else that needs looking into.

Have any journos been following this on Robinsnest? Some folks plainly have and I doubt they are all your regular nesters.
Ten Bobsworth
It seems that Vince was quite pleased that SKY softened its report after Team Vince’s lobbying. Doesn’t surprise me. I’m not a big fan of SKY and wouldn’t trust them to do anything objectively and wokefree.

There’s another article in The Times today, I gather.

I haven’t see it; it’s behind a paywall but I’d wager that they barely scratched the surface of the financial history of Dale Vince, Ecotricity and Forest Green Rovers.

i.e. the really interesting stuff.
Ten Bobsworth
‘Legal fiddles’ was the term tax inspector Bob used. Close to retirement, Bob was the first tax inspector I ever met but the term stuck in my mind.

He didn’t need to explain it and I can’t remember how the topic arose. There was nothing of that nature in the case we were discussing at the time.

But what are legal fiddles? Carefully constructed dodges you get away with? Maybe, but only if you do get away with them.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 09:47 ‘Legal fiddles’ was the term tax inspector Bob used. Close to retirement, Bob was the first tax inspector I ever met but the term stuck in my mind.

He didn’t need to explain it and I can’t remember how the topic arose. There was nothing of that nature in the case we were discussing at the time.

But what are legal fiddles? Carefully constructed dodges you get away with? Maybe, but only if you do get away with them.
Unfortunately, ‘legal’ is the key word there.
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 23:05
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 09:47 ‘Legal fiddles’ was the term tax inspector Bob used. Close to retirement, Bob was the first tax inspector I ever met but the term stuck in my mind.

The important thing is that the taxpaying public and their elected representatives know what’s going on behind the façade and that’s why you need a free press.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 08:26

The important thing is that the taxpaying public and their elected representatives know what’s going on behind the façade and that’s why you need a free press.
Yes, absolutely agree. That’s a given I thought. But if nothing illegal has happened nothing illegal has happened, no matter how rotten.

(Though no doubt you’d brandish much of said scrutiny and free press as red commies.)
Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 08:41
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 08:26

Yes, absolutely agree. That’s a given I thought. But if nothing illegal has happened nothing illegal has happened, no matter how rotten.

(Though no doubt you’d brandish much of said scrutiny and free press as red commies.)
No prosecution does not equal no illegality. Neither does suspicion equal proof.

But it’s usually interesting to note which newspapers choose to inform their readership on matters of public interest and which don’t.
Ten Bobsworth
I see that Vince has been crowing on Twitter (what’s new?) that he took part in some debate on SKY News about political funding. Anyone watch it? Me neither but he did seem pleased with himself. What’s new?

Actually the political donations are tiny compared to the tax dodging and I don’t suppose anyone got round to asking whose money it was that he had been spending.
Ten Bobsworth
Vince is in The Times again this weekend. I haven’t seen it but it sounds like the same old stuff being recycled. Follow the money you journos and do the job properly.

Speaking of which it was lazy, incompetent and prejudiced journalism over Eddie Davies (and Phil Gartside) that first got me into all this.
Ten Bobsworth
Sorry I missed it folks but Baron Stonybroke of Rodborough got a mention in Richard Littlejohn's column in the Mail yesterday.

There's no mention of where all the money came from but, hey ho you can't have everything!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... -daft.html
ctfc-fan