Financial Irregularities

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ten Bobsworth
ctfc-fan wrote: 20 Jan 2023, 13:21 Thought you’d like this Bob

https://www.punchline-gloucester.com/ar ... icity-boss
Thanks for that. Not the first time the brazen Vince has masqueraded as the public spirited taxpayer he isn't. This is him talking to the Evening Standard a few years ago whilst he was raking £millions out of Ecotricity in interest-free loans which would soon disappear in a puff of smoke and which, of course, he didn't mention:

But he says: “I am not driven by the creation of wealth. We need more of a social-enterprise approach to business. It shouldn’t just be about making money which leads you to a short-term horizon.” All company profits go into funding the building of new sources of green energy, a Bills into (wind) Mills model. He doesn’t know the starting salary at his company but Vince earns £120,000 a year, taxed and deposited at Barclays (he makes an apologetic face, saying there are no green banks). “Tax is important — it’s how we run the country. It is wrong that companies like Starbucks and Amazon avoid tax. I don’t think our government should let it happen — it has abdicated control in that respect. There are people who can’t feed their families and that is happening off the back of tax breaks and avoidance by big companies and the rich. Ed Miliband will stop that.

Profits? What profits?

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/lo ... 84297.html
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 11:12

Thanks for that. Not the first time the brazen Vince has masqueraded as the public spirited taxpayer he isn't. This is him talking to the Evening Standard a few years ago whilst he was raking £millions out of Ecotricity in interest-free loans which would soon disappear in a puff of smoke and which, of course, he didn't mention:

But he says: “I am not driven by the creation of wealth. We need more of a social-enterprise approach to business. It shouldn’t just be about making money which leads you to a short-term horizon.” All company profits go into funding the building of new sources of green energy, a Bills into (wind) Mills model. He doesn’t know the starting salary at his company but Vince earns £120,000 a year, taxed and deposited at Barclays (he makes an apologetic face, saying there are no green banks). “Tax is important — it’s how we run the country. It is wrong that companies like Starbucks and Amazon avoid tax. I don’t think our government should let it happen — it has abdicated control in that respect. There are people who can’t feed their families and that is happening off the back of tax breaks and avoidance by big companies and the rich. Ed Miliband will stop that.

Profits? What profits?

Ten Bobsworth
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 12:42

Profits? What profits?

I assure you RCS that your adolescent mentality is neither in question nor in doubt but if it makes you happy I suppose there’s not too much harm.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ten Bobsworth wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 13:07
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 12:42

Profits? What profits?

I assure you RCS that your adolescent mentality is neither in question nor in doubt but if it makes you happy I suppose there’s not too much harm.
It was worth a shot to see if sinking to your level got a different reply. Alas, no. We have tried asking genuine questions in good faith, to which you reply with insults. We have tried having a calm and mature discussion, to which you reply with insults. We have tried mocking you, to which you reply with insults. We have tried ignoring you, in response to which you spam multiple threads and then reply with insults.

Take a break for a while, and come back when you have something new, informative and interesting to tell us and you may get a more enthusiastic response.