Aleksandar Mitrovic

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65181624

Baffling stuff indeed, his season should be done and should miss the start of next season. This is no advert for independent panels they're sooo far off the mark its quite astounding.

(cough cough, cash cough)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hardly a Di Canio style shove. Just a flick of the arm to get the ref’s attention, although that obviously is still unacceptable. Eight games seems harsh, but good to make a statement about this type of behaviour and set an example so Fulham can’t complain.

If the FA want to make more out of it than there is then I’m sure Fulham can outspend them in court.
ctfc-fan
I agree I didn’t think it was the worst push, although agree you can’t touch a ref.
SHANDY VOR
8 games harsh?

It wasn't just the push, the psychopathic Serb also had the referee backpeddling as he marched into the arbiter's personal space. Fulham are going nowhere this season, a ban that will take in the beginning of next season would be felt more by both player and club.

There has been a lot in the press recently about lack of protection for referees, this should be a statement action in their support. I hope the FA are successful in their appeal.

Scumbag.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote: 06 Apr 2023, 16:18 8 games harsh?

It wasn't just the push, the psychopathic Serb also had the referee backpeddling as he marched into the arbiter's personal space. Fulham are going nowhere this season, a ban that will take in the beginning of next season would be felt more by both player and club.

There has been a lot in the press recently about lack of protection for referees, this should be a statement action in their support. I hope the FA are successful in their appeal.

Scumbag.
I agree the way players treat referees is unacceptable and wish they got sent off every time so it was eradicated from the game.

Plenty of players have refs back peddling shouting abuse in their faces most weeks, so not sure why Mitrovic is given special punishment. If it is for the arm flick then it is harsh, if it is to set a precedent then I hope to see other players given 8 game bans most weeks!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa