Vinicius Jr

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
just depressing and sad the way this has been handled by the La Liga and Valencia who are not pleased with the length of the stadium ban (only a certain section).

Teams should be walking off the pitch now and clubs need points deductions and entire stadium closures, yes its the minority but its a minority that are attending your club so you need to help address this issue.

its 2023!!!
Shade
It certainly didn't sound like the minority at Valencia. The chants of "mono" (monkey) were clear as day and many thousands were chanting it. The punishment is pathetic and I can't believe a) Valencia have the balls to say it's too much and b) teams aren't walking off for things half as bad as this. How do Valencia's black players keep playing? I can only imagine I'd be going over to Vinicius at that point and saying come on, let's walk off. I haven't seen since if anything has happened but the VAR needs immediately sacking for choosing to focus on Vinicius raising his hand and not showing the ref the immediate several seconds before where the Valencia player had his arm wrapped around his throat. He actually had it paused and showed from the moment Vinicius broke free. Unbelievable.

The whole thing reminds me of when England, or one of the English teams, played in Spain probably a decade ago now and...I think it was Sterling or possibly Wright-Phillips was targeted. The entire stadium seemed to be making monkey noises. Sickening that nothing has really been done about it other than paltry pathetic little fines and partial stadium closures for a couple of weeks.
longmover
talking to a friend that lives in Barcelona the general vibe toward VJ is his 'antics' don't help him and outside Madrid he's pretty much hated.
Shade
longmover wrote: 26 May 2023, 08:42 talking to a friend that lives in Barcelona the general vibe toward VJ is his 'antics' don't help him and outside Madrid he's pretty much hated.
I understand that, I don't like him either. But it's obviously not an excuse for racism and not standing against it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 26 May 2023, 08:42 talking to a friend that lives in Barcelona the general vibe toward VJ is his 'antics' don't help him and outside Madrid he's pretty much hated.
This doesn’t apply to your mate at all, but to me there is the general problem in Spanish and Italian sport where they can’t separate racism from normal insults. Even Real and Ancelotti were saying ‘insults to players need to stop’ rather than ‘racism needs to stop’.

VJ may well an absolute d!ckhead piece of sh!t who deserves to be called such. If he is then call him a d!ckhead piece of sh!t or whatever. That’s nothing to do with ethnicity.

Only a racist would use race or ethnicity as part of an insult, no matter how much he deserves the normal insult.

The fact that they can’t see a difference between making monkey noises and calling him a d!ckhead piece of sh!t shows how embedded racism is in the culture.
Shade
Huge surprise, La Liga have halved the pathetic fine and reduced the stand closure from 5 to 3 games. Meanwhile Real have reported the incident as a hate crime.
longmover
Shade wrote: 26 May 2023, 11:42
I understand that, I don't like him either. But it's obviously not an excuse for racism and not standing against it.
obviously not just saying the gun is pre-loaded for him by most of Spain, that includes the Spanish footballing hierarchy.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 29 May 2023, 14:39
Shade wrote: 26 May 2023, 11:42
obviously not just saying the gun is pre-loaded for him by most of Spain, that includes the Spanish footballing hierarchy.
Aiming the loaded gun because he is a knoobhead is one thing; doing so due to race or ethnicity is quite another. The Spanish football hierarchy don’t understand the difference.