Gloucestershire (FGR) news - Manager set to depart.

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 08:11 Misogyny is likely to become a hate crime and I would advise any individuals on this forum to tread very carefully indeed about the attributes of females, from a skills qualification perspective, in any profession. We are a civilised Western democracy. We are not the Taliban.
I believe his conspiracy nut incel subforum on 4Chan is called “The Maliban”.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Benny Profane wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 07:41 Is Malabus really parodying a knee-jerk Daily Mail reader though? The problem with imitating such reactionary dinosaurs is that some people can't detect the satirising and just think somebody is 'telling it like it is'. This misconception drives Al Murray Pub Landlord up the wall (& Johhny Speight, creator of Alf Garnett felt the same). We're meant to be laughing at them, not thinking they are remotely plausible. As for the appointment, it's a brave move & she clearly knows her stuff. Shame it's them, but I think in this case the ground being broken more than outweighs the petty local tensions.....just because you don't like a team, doesn't mean everything they do is 'wrong'.
I used to think Mal was a parody and being satirical as I couldn’t believe anyone from Cheltenham could be as nutjob thick. However, if he was I think he has come to believe what he writes - maybe after chewing too may red pills watching InfoWars - or, more likely, that he
was being genuinely serious from the outset.

As LordElpuz suggests above, Mal does run the risk of posting more hate crime material on this issue in the coming weeks and months (as he has in the past). One for the mods, and for the business which hosts the forum on its servers, to keep an eye on.
Benny Profane
'We are not the Taliban.' My favourite line on the forum, ever.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 08:37
Benny Profane wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 07:41 Is Malabus really parodying a knee-jerk Daily Mail reader though? The problem with imitating such reactionary dinosaurs is that some people can't detect the satirising and just think somebody is 'telling it like it is'. This misconception drives Al Murray Pub Landlord up the wall (& Johhny Speight, creator of Alf Garnett felt the same). We're meant to be laughing at them, not thinking they are remotely plausible. As for the appointment, it's a brave move & she clearly knows her stuff. Shame it's them, but I think in this case the ground being broken more than outweighs the petty local tensions.....just because you don't like a team, doesn't mean everything they do is 'wrong'.
'

I used to think Mal was a parody and being satirical as I couldn’t believe anyone from Cheltenham could be as nutjob thick. However, if he was I think he has come to believe what he writes - maybe after chewing too may red pills watching InfoWars - or, more likely, that he
was being genuinely serious from the outset.

As LordElpuz suggests above, Mal does run the risk of posting more hate crime material on this issue in the coming weeks and months (as he has in the past). One for the mods, and for the business which hosts the forum on its servers, to keep an eye on.
look at some of the nonsense he posts in 'non footy' :roll:
Nesty
THIS IS NOT CTFC RELATED !!
hookyrobin
Whether it's tongue-in-cheek or not, the message it sends is that this isn't a place where women are welcome and respected.

I don't know for sure, but I would assume female supporters are the minority on the RNF - it's not cool to make this place somewhere that 51% of the population don't feel valued and able to participate on equal footing.

I'm not interested in being part of a community that tolerates such casual misogyny, even if it's 'for bants'. We've welcomed the club's 'HerGameToo' ambassador, and this is exactly the kind of thing HGT exists to eradicate.

If you don't like women being involved in football, time to jog on. It's not 'your' game, it's everyone's.

I feel like I should apologise for coming over as humourless here, but f*ck that - insincere/'humourous' discrimination looks just the same as sincere discrimination to the person on the sharp end of it (and we're giving a hugely generous benefit of the doubt to suggest it's a joke...)
Warwickshire Robin
hookyrobin wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 09:42 Whether it's tongue-in-cheek or not, the message it sends is that this isn't a place where women are welcome and respected.

I don't know for sure, but I would assume female supporters are the minority on the RNF - it's not cool to make this place somewhere that 51% of the population don't feel valued and able to participate on equal footing.

I'm not interested in being part of a community that tolerates such casual misogyny, even if it's 'for bants'. We've welcomed the club's 'HerGameToo' ambassador, and this is exactly the kind of thing HGT exists to eradicate.

If you don't like women being involved in football, time to jog on. It's not 'your' game, it's everyone's.

I feel like I should apologise for coming over as humourless here, but f*ck that - insincere/'humourous' discrimination looks just the same as sincere discrimination to the person on the sharp end of it (and we're giving a hugely generous benefit of the doubt to suggest it's a joke...)
No need to apologise Hooky, you are spot on.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
hookyrobin wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 09:42 Whether it's tongue-in-cheek or not, the message it sends is that this isn't a place where women are welcome and respected.

You are not the one who needs to apologise. Very well made point.
andgarod
so if we are not able to say what we like is free speech dead

I would just like to draw peoples attention to the banter about FGR supporters and officials
We are of course saying things that are untrue or misleading or upsetting to them
I also notice that we give Gillingham etc a similar sort of treatment

So lets remove all the banter etc in case we upset anyone and just stick to football
The problem is that football has people in it and they need to be respected
Lines people( assistant referees , referees strikers who miss, midfield who miss a tackle or give the ball away or defenders who dont defend as well as we like or keepers who dont keep clean sheets

So why dont we as posters just stop posting anything other than praise
Thank you all for taking the time to read this and dont disagree as it will upset me
1985CTFC
Dale Vince is a publicity seeker. He has mentioned appointing a women before appointing the manager before Duncan. It is up to him who he appoints but it is strange appointing an under 18 coach male or female implying there is no one else. Is Duncan's assistant still not there. Tony Grant..very experienced..
But she may over see the team until they appoint a full time manager. Depending how the men in the team perform and react to her. then that will decide what happens. If the performances are poor he won't care as he has achieved his aim of maximum publicity for himself. But maybe she will be given the job fulltime.
All I will say is that is a tough league to get out of this year. Good luck to her if she can do it.
Personally I think you need a bit of experience and the team backing.
Ask yourself if Wade left would we appoint an under 18 coach. But as I mentioned it may only be a temporary appointment subject to performances.
Interesting no indication as far as I can see why Duncan left. Maybe related?
1985CTFC
Here's a question. Do you think she applied for our 2 vacant posts?
1985CTFC
We were talking about growing the club the other day. If the Forest Green fans don't like what's happening come and support a decent league club down the road.
Extra 1k on the gate. What's not to like?
He he
Ihearye
Can someone post a new thread when all the self righteous condemnations are over on this one. Falling over each other to be the most virteous. No need for personal attacks, every one entitled to an opinion no matter how irritated you or anyone may be about it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 10:30 Can someone post a new thread when all the self righteous condemnations are over on this one. Falling over each other to be the most virteous. No need for personal attacks, every one entitled to an opinion no matter how irritated you or anyone may be about it.
Not sure criticising sexism is self-righteous or virtuous. More just being a normal person.

FGR has appointed someone with a UEFO Pro Licence who was academy manager. A similar route to Head Coach as Wade and many others in the EFL. That’s the fact of the situation and it shouldn’t really be an exceptional piece of news.

You can question whether someone with no EFL first team coaching experience is right for what FGR need right now, but that’s a different debate.
Ben3
I extend Hannah Dingley the courtesy of wishing her what I wish for all the other (ever increasing) list of FGR managers.

I hope she fails spectacularly, loses every game she manages, and gets sacked at some point in the season having dragged fgr nearer to relegation.

That’s equality in action kids
1985CTFC
Ben3 wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 11:49 I extend Hannah Dingley the courtesy of wishing her what I wish for all the other (ever increasing) list of FGR managers.

I hope she fails spectacularly, loses every game she manages, and gets sacked at some point in the season having dragged fgr nearer to relegation.

Ben3 wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 11:49 I extend Hannah Dingley the courtesy of wishing her what I wish for all the other (ever increasing) list of FGR managers.

At the end of the day any manager Male or Female has to gain the respect of the players.
But good luck to her ...........b@llocking Ryan Innes at half time.
Mixed views about appointment in FGR Forum. Not really about Hannah. but more to do with Dale Vince ownership and his vanity project and poor appointments prior to this.
Jerry St Clair
andgarod wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 10:07 so if we are not able to say what we like is free speech dead
Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say what you like.
Broadway Brian
I’ll be surprised if she’s worse than the clown she’s replacing
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
andgarod wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 10:07 so if we are not able to say what we like is free speech dead
Freedom of speech has never meant you can say anything. Or at least, it means you can say anything but have face the consequences.

E.g. in Germany it is illegal to deny the Holocaust and you would be arrested. It is not illegal to deny it in the UK, but if you do you will justifiably be criticised and if in public office or prominent role likely removed from that role.

People are free to shout racist and homophobic abuse at Whaddon Road it they want, but will likely be thrown out and if bad enough then arrested.

With freedom comes responsibility.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Broadway Brian wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 13:37 I’ll be surprised if she’s worse than the clown she’s replacing
And whether she is better or worse it has nothing to do with her gender.
Shade
Can I just point out that she is only caretaker manager. In pre-season. It screams PR stunt so that Vince could say he has the first female first team coach in Britain and he's so revolutionary and a friend to women (I bet his ex disagrees), but in all likelihood she will be replaced before the season even starts and she will have contributed, probably, naff all, other than to oversee pre-season training and a few pre-season matches.

Would most clubs even bother putting a caretaker in charge in pre-season and make an announcement about it, or just leave the other coaches to get on with it, tell the fans that so-and-so and so-and-so are overseeing training, and appoint a new manager in due course?
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 14:17
Freedom of speech has never meant you can say anything. Or at least, it means you can say anything but have face the consequences.

E.g. in Germany it is illegal to deny the Holocaust and you would be arrested. It is not illegal to deny it in the UK, but if you do you will justifiably be criticised and if in public office or prominent role likely removed from that role.

People are free to shout racist and homophobic abuse at Whaddon Road it they want, but will likely be thrown out and if bad enough then arrested.

Good grief, we have now jumped from the offside rule to the Holocaust. What a massive leap. Free speech gives one the freedom to offended. Some might find your personal abuse as equally offensive, especially those at the end of it. However I would not presume to be offended on their behalf. When you hear posters relating the remark to 'hate speech', it goes to show the depths to which society has sunk. Wharever happened to being able to make a joke at someone else's expense? God knows the English have done it to the Scots, Irish and Welsh for years and continue to do so. Hang your heads in shame fro all those years, because you have mortally offended all of us. Oh wait, or maybe we just shrug our shoulders and think 'tossers' and get on with our lives.
As Salman Rushdie quite rightly said "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist"
Ben3
The robins nest descends into Confused/Ihearye and RCS having their normal squabbles.

Did anyone notice how many new people have posted since these two stopped their ongoing feud? It’s got more people posting more often. It’s been lovely to see new members

Maybe you could draw another truce? Or maybe just post a bit less often? It’s so boring confused and RCS
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 14:43
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 14:17

Good grief, we have now jumped from the offside rule to the Holocaust. What a massive leap. Free speech gives one the freedom to offended. Some might find your personal abuse as equally offensive, especially those at the end of it. However I would not presume to be offended on their behalf. When you hear posters relating the remark to 'hate speech', it goes to show the depths to which society has sunk. Wharever happened to being able to make a joke at someone else's expense? God knows the English have done it to the Scots, Irish and Welsh for years and continue to do so. Hang your heads in shame fro all those years, because you have mortally offended all of us. Oh wait, or maybe we just shrug our shoulders and think 'tossers' and get on with our lives.
As Salman Rushdie quite rightly said "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist"
Personal abuse to criticise and individual person for specific reason is different from general sexism/ misogyny.

Of course people are free to offend, and then people who are offended are free to comment as such. I am a fan of Salman.
1985CTFC
Shade wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 14:28 Can I just point out that she is only caretaker manager. In pre-season. It screams PR stunt so that Vince could say he has the first female first team coach in Britain and he's so revolutionary and a friend to women (I bet his ex disagrees), but in all likelihood she will be replaced before the season even starts and she will have contributed, probably, naff all, other than to oversee pre-season training and a few pre-season matches.

Would most clubs even bother putting a caretaker in charge in pre-season and make an announcement about it, or just leave the other coaches to get on with it, tell the fans that so-and-so and so-and-so are overseeing training, and appoint a new manager in due course?
Totally agree with above PR stunt.
Ihearye
Ben3 wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 15:46 The robins nest descends into Confused/Ihearye and RCS having their normal squabbles.

Did anyone notice how many new people have posted since these two stopped their ongoing feud? It’s got more people posting more often. It’s been lovely to see new members

Maybe you could draw another truce? Or maybe just post a bit less often? It’s so boring confused and RCS
Not surprisingly you have difficulty in differentiating between an educated discussion and a 'squabble' or a 'feud'. I fully respect anyone who can actually express an opinion in a thought out and logical way, As opposed to only posting when attempting to go fishing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 16:04
Ben3 wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 15:46 The robins nest descends into Confused/Ihearye and RCS having their normal squabbles.

Not surprisingly you have difficulty in differentiating between an educated discussion and a 'squabble' or a 'feud'. I fully respect anyone who can actually express an opinion in a thought out and logical way, As opposed to only posting when attempting to go fishing.
Agree. And we have been agreeing more than disagreeing in recent weeks re player and staff comings and goings!

Happy to draw a line under this thread.
Ben3
Ihearye wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 16:04

Good lord. I’ll leave the forum again whilst you two battle it out.

(As I said, look at how many people have joined since the confused/RCS battle was given a break)

Enjoy the one on one guys
Shade
Can we make a separate thread specifically for just the two of them to argue in? The RNF equivalent of them "getting a room"?
1985CTFC

Oh thanks very much.
I joined because there was hardly any interesting posts days on end. Looking at other forums they were always engaging in all sorts of topics. We might never agree but just take it as a bit of banter and fun. As well as trying to be constructive in showing how CTFC can progress in to the future.
Shade
1985CTFC wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 17:02

Oh thanks very much.
I joined because there was hardly any interesting posts days on end. Looking at other forums they were always engaging in all sorts of topics. We might never agree but just take it as a bit of banter and fun. As well as trying to be constructive in showing how CTFC can progress in to the future.

I feel like you've taken some kind of offence at this, but he's having a go at RCS and Ihearye, not you!
Ihearye
Shade wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 18:36

Oh thanks very much.

I feel like you've taken some kind of offence at this, but he's having a go at RCS and Ihearye, not you!
Guess I will have to just pick up the shattered pieces of my life and try and move on :lol:
1985CTFC
Ihearye wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 19:49

Oh thanks very much.

Guess I will have to just pick up the shattered pieces of my life and try and move on :lol:
No no no. The thanks was for a welcome for being a new poster.
I know that both of them like a bit of verbal sparing.
Have they ever met in person?
Am enjoying being able to post after years and years of reading all the posts.
Got an interesting new topic to post in a day or two.
Keep sparing you two.
Broadway Brian
1985CTFC wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 20:17

Keep sparing you two.
Are you a new poster? If so, welcome.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
1985CTFC wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 20:17

Keep sparing you two.
Never met but I’d have a pint. I play the ball not the man, hence agreeing with some of ihearye’s posts as well so I can’t guarantee continued sparring.

Looking forward to the interesting post…intriguing.