Will Ferry

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
Fantastic all round performance by young William yesterday.
Just checking his age and he is 24 this December, and his contract expires this summer.
Dead cert for a new contract offer but think he’d probably want to move on (sadly for us) and he must be our most saleable player at this time?
Alan noticed Ben Williams wasn’t even on the bench yesterday. Another out of contract end of this season.
Wouldn’t be surprised if we had two new left wing backs by August.
CS85
I'd like to think we offered ferry a new deal ages ago.
I think he's probably got ideas to move onto a bigger/better club at the end of this season,which is unfortunate I think he's already a very good player at a young age,plenty of potential to move up.
Jerry St Clair
CS85 wrote: 18 Feb 2024, 16:57 I'd like to think we offered ferry a new deal ages ago.
I think he's probably got ideas to move onto a bigger/better club at the end of this season,which is unfortunate I think he's already a very good player at a young age,plenty of potential to move up.
I find it weirdly comforting us being a stepping stone club. I know that any talented young player will move on from us in time, and there's nothing we can do about it, which means I just enjoy them while they're here.
HamTown
Fuller wrote: 18 Feb 2024, 14:59 Fantastic all round performance by young William yesterday.
Just checking his age and he is 24 this December, and his contract expires this summer.
Dead cert for a new contract offer but think he’d probably want to move on (sadly for us) and he must be our most saleable player at this time?
Alan noticed Ben Williams wasn’t even on the bench yesterday. Another out of contract end of this season.
Wouldn’t be surprised if we had two new left wing backs by August.
As hes under 24 doesn't that mean we're entitled to compensation from whoever signs him?

Some interesting examples on this page https://www.leathesprior.co.uk/news/com ... -a-mystery
Shade
Assuming we offer him a contract (and I don't know why we wouldn't), then yes.