LLoyd/ Keena

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

triggo
Not sure about Lloyds injury but I for one would be happy to see Keena get a chance against Wycombe.
Did alright last night and even though has poor form of late isnt lacking confidence.
More importantly holds the ball up better than Lloydy who too often gets bundled off it.
Probably wont agree with this but Keeno also a more natural finisher !
Harrop also looks like a footballer on his two cameo appearances and could do a job if Pett is injured
Ihearye
wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, as he now seems to have accepted he needs to be an enthusiastic part of the press and his first touch does seem to be returning
RS1978
triggo wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 11:53 Not sure about Lloyds injury but I for one would be happy to see Keena get a chance against Wycombe.
Did alright last night and even though has poor form of late isnt lacking confidence.
More importantly holds the ball up better than Lloydy who too often gets bundled off it.
Harrop also looks like a footballer on his two cameo appearances and could do a job if Pett is injured
On SiRobin's (great) Robins Report Podcast the guys were discussing Keena's last game against Wycombe at Adams Park last season - best player on the park by a mile, two goals in a 3-0 win. Add in the (under) performance in the home game at the start of the month and there could be a real feeling that we "owe them" one.

I know it takes time for partnerships to develop and it looks like Nuttall/Keena was beginning to click a little .vs Wigan but let's see how Taylor/Keena gets on if Lloyd is rested.
Broadway Brian
triggo wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 11:53 Not sure about Lloyds injury but I for one would be happy to see Keena get a chance against Wycombe.
I don’t think anyone of sane mind, including George Lloyd, would dispute that Keena is the more natural finisher. It is the one thing that GL is not.

He dropped deep, controlled the ball well and brought others into play last night, but we need him getting into the same positions as Taylor is because I think we’d see similar results.

Agreed re Harrop.
asl
I wonder if, in future years, Lloyd might be plying his trade as a pressing, attacking midfielder, behind a front pair?
Jerry St Clair
Very worried about Lloyd breaking down.

When Clarke arrived we had three workhorse, pressing forwards. Now we have one. Any combination other than Lloyd + 1 destroys our press and , against the better sides, concedes possession inviting pressure.

He’s not quite a single point of failure, but almost.