We are the 590th best supported team in the world

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jerry St Clair
Apparently. Based on average home attendance.

Just behind Gresik United of the Indonesian second division and just ahead of MVV Maastricht in the Dutch second division.

MASSIVE
Swiss-Robin
Jerry St Clair wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 21:24 Apparently. Based on average home attendance.

Just behind Gresik United of the Indonesian second division and just ahead of MVV Maastricht in the Dutch second division.

MASSIVE
Can you post the complete list please?
Jerry St Clair
Swiss-Robin wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 00:47
Jerry St Clair wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 21:24 Apparently. Based on average home attendance.

MASSIVE
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/verein- ... ewerb=liga
Swiss-Robin
Jerry St Clair wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 08:06

MASSIVE
Thanks. But don't forget, not all of this number are home fans. Many will be away visiting support. Some are just curious neutrals too.
Therefore the name of this thread should be: We are the 590th best ATTENDED team in the world.
asl
Anyone else get to the sign-in page and just think 'nope' and back out...? I realise it's little more than clicking a button marked 'accept cookies', but the way it was phrased was a good reminder of what that means!
asl
I read "based on average home attendance" as the average HOME attendance (I.e. not including 'away' fans) - but I guess it could be interpreted as the average attendance at home games.
Swiss-Robin
asl wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 09:29 Anyone else get to the sign-in page and just think 'nope' and back out...? I realise it's little more than clicking a button marked 'accept cookies', but the way it was phrased was a good reminder of what that means!
Agree. Not a very 'user friendly' site, but a nice concept.
But all the table really tells us is that the more successful sides in large cities with the biggest stadiums are the ultimate winners.
Could we move up a few places with a new main stand I wonder? Or are we where we are due to, among other things: location; catchment area; historical achievement of the club.
Is that what we want though?
Or are we happy where we are and with what we are?
Get too much bigger I would argue, and we risk losing the very unique identity which we all enjoy?
Robin
Swiss-Robin wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 09:26
Jerry St Clair wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 08:06
Thanks. But don't forget, not all of this number are home fans. Many will be away visiting support. Some are just curious neutrals too.
Therefore the name of this thread should be: We are the 590th best ATTENDED team in the world.
The reality is our support is much bigger than our average attendance, at the very least it's measured by our largest crowds but more likely our support is even bigger than that because lots don't go every game and some only go a few games per season. THe numbers of neutrals at games will be very small too I suspect probably no more than a few dozen at best.