Darrell Clarke after Charlton Athletic defeat

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Shade
He's more optimistic than me (thank God)
Fuller
Shade wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 22:38 He's more optimistic than me (thank God)
… and 99% of the fans I spoke to on the way out tonight.
Most of the lads are giving everything, just lack that bit of guile and quality. And conceding late goals two Tuesday’s running.
The three wins on the bounce from a couple of weeks ago seem a distant memory now :(
RS1978
Fuller wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 22:53
Shade wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 22:38 He's more optimistic than me (thank God)
… and 99% of the fans I spoke to on the way out tonight.
Most of the lads are giving everything, just lack that bit of guile and quality. And conceding late goals two Tuesday’s running.
The three wins on the bounce from a couple of weeks ago seem a distant memory now :(
Also the "guile and quality" line is highly dependent on players that are beginning to creak a little (Taylor/Lloyd/Ferry). If any of them are out long-term/knackered then that could be that. I still believe that Darrell needs a Plan B and trust that he'll get it right - but it's getting to the stage where we need wins to catch up and have to be virtually faultless at the back which puts immense pressure on the team and the players.
longmover
mentality is the key, it's alright wining three on the bounce its how the team deals with the first defeat after those wins and it looks as though we've not got the attitude to haul our self's back to that winning mindset.

Where's that team that took Blackpool apart? That scored three against Vale? There were glimpses of it last night after we scored bit much like the Elliot days, its just glimpses and we're back to long aimless balls.

The one shining light we have is Jordan Thomas but as someone mentioned this can't and must not rest on his shoulders, but maybe he can be used as a rally point for some 'older players'