Peterborough - home tickets

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ihearye
Jerry St Clair wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 09:48 Again, I tend to agree RCS.

The counter argument is that fostering new support is abstract and difficult to quantify. Hard cash from tickets sales isn't. Just trying to empathise with the club's position. You can imagine the conversation:

Board: "Why have we got 500 empty seats in the Colin Farmer?"
Ticket office: "We thought we'd keep them back for home fans, to improve the atmosphere and encourage a new generation of fans. But not as many showed up as we hoped".
Board: "We could have sold them to Bristol/Lincoln/Peterborough fans and made an extra £30000. Why didn't we do that?"
TO: "Er........"
TO: Err Board, the blocks were not empty, so we couldn't have sold any to the away club. Would you rather we turned home fans away ?
Ihearye
DC - can't thank the supporters enough and we will need them for the next 7 games.

Hope the board are listening
Jerry St Clair
I retract everything i said on this thread.

Give Peterborough and Lincoln as many tickets as they like. Make some money while we’re still in a league with decent away support.
robinsrule
The next two home games could be our last ever in League One. A sobering thought.
ctfc-fan
robinsrule wrote:The next two home games could be our last ever in League One. A sobering thought.
Is League 1 disbanding then?
Jerry St Clair
1-5 of the CF pretty much sold out for Lincoln on Saturday. Block 6 half full. Block 7 also on sale.

If the good people of Cheltenham don’t turn out for their football club this weekend, they never will. Get the word out.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Announce it now: NO Peterborough in the CF.

Darrell says the players need - and deserve - all the support possible: friends, drum and even guinea pigs.

That’s as clear a message as possible to the Board.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 21:05 1-5 of the CF pretty much sold out for Lincoln on Saturday. Block 6 half full. Block 7 also on sale.

If the good people of Cheltenham don’t turn out for their football club this weekend, they never will. Get the word out.
It will take a good half a season for people to get used to tickets being available. You can’t blame people who have been turned away in the past for already making other weekend plans and assuming they would just be turned away again. Once you start denying entry to fans and turning them away it takes time for people to start coming back.
Leckyfan
Checked just now with dummy bookings. Blocks 6 and 7 both on sale to home fans against Lincoln on Saturday and Peterborough on Tuesday.

Some people have got their wish. Now let’s see if the fickle fans of Cheltenham turn out in the required numbers.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Leckyfan wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 21:53 Checked just now with dummy bookings. Blocks 6 and 7 both on sale to home fans against Lincoln on Saturday and Peterborough on Tuesday.

Some people have got their wish. Now let’s see if the fickle fans of Cheltenham turn out in the required numbers.
Whether they turn up or not at least it means we don’t have a 12th man for the opposition in the CF!
Jerry St Clair
Over to commercials. Get the word out there......
ctfc-fan
Jerry St Clair wrote:Over to commercials. Get the word out there......
Already being done on Faceache
Ihearye
Leckyfan wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 21:53 Checked just now with dummy bookings. Blocks 6 and 7 both on sale to home fans against Lincoln on Saturday and Peterborough on Tuesday.

Excellent news, will be at least 7 in there
CS85
Seats not selling very well, maybe the board were right.
Last home game on a sat this season and plenty left,shame.
Jerry St Clair
CS85 wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 20:38 Seats not selling very well, maybe the board were right.
Yep, looks like maybe 100 sold for block 6 since I looked last night. Not exactly flying off the shelves. Hopefully sales will pick up as we get nearer the weekend.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CS85 wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 20:38 Seats not selling very well, maybe the board were right.
It takes more than one game for word to spread and people to start realising tickets are available. I personally think you have to wait half a season of those blocks being open before judging whether it’s a success or not.
Ihearye
I would say it is a consequence of the questionable strategy of not immediately making the seats available for home fans, but rather playing stupid games almost in the hope that we can give them to away fans.
I say his because when I went to buy seats just last week, i couldn't get any in those blocks and so had given up in going to the game. I would have had no idea that they were now available less than a week before the game, if I had not read it on here. I would argue that most people in a similar situation do not constantly go back to the OS to check if more tickets had been released.
Their stance has always been an obvious contradiction to DC rallying calls to the supporter base
Last edited by Ihearye on 18 Apr 2024, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry St Clair
Fair point. The answer is for the club to to specifically say on social media that more seats have been released for this massive game (more seats released implies big demand which can drive demand in itself.).
Leckyfan
Yes. Major theatres (including West End) do this all the time. So the club needs to get the word out big-time: “More Seats Released”, and emphasise these are in the Colin Farmer stand (good legroom, good views, good facilities).

Word of mouth (from more-regular fans) also needed to encourage the “big-game” occasional-attenders to turn out in numbers. Plus local press/media.
Ben3
Huge own goal by the club, reducing our chances for success next year by deliberately selling less tickets then we could/should.

I hope lessons are learned - we never sell out the seating tickets and so therefore need to sell them to opposition teams...it helps the atmosphere and our results are generally better.
CS85
Lincoln have sold the 1,055 they were given. All of block 7 still available for home fans.
Ben3
CS85 wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 13:48 Lincoln have sold the 1,055 they were given. All of block 7 still available for home fans.
Insanity. What business passes up on income to satiate non-existent customers?

Really, really poor
Jerry St Clair
Block 6 almost sold out. Plenty of seats in the main stand. Block 7 completely empty. Block 8 now not even on sale.

This is, frankly, a pathetic response by the people of Cheltenham. Their club needs them, and they've responded with apathy.
CTFC.Harry
Jerry St Clair wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 16:04 Block 6 almost sold out. Plenty of seats in the main stand. Block 7 completely empty. Block 8 now not even on sale.

This is, frankly, a pathetic response by the people of Cheltenham. Their club needs them, and they've responded with apathy.
I’m shocked to be honest. The seats have been consistently selling out across the CF stand and the main stand has been packed throughout the season. Not sure what’s happening and why people aren’t turning up when it actually matters. Our League 1 status will be decided over these next two games!!

It’s completely beyond me.
Shade
Too little, too late from the team, I'm afraid. Yes, we're back in with a shout after Tuesday, but the fans turned up to the Exeter, Carlisle and Bristol Rovers games and saw pathetic performances. Why would the non-regulars keep coming back, when we're more likely to lose tomorrow than we were in those games?
Ben3
Seats haven't been selling out and it hasn't been packed. There have been large pockets of unfilled seats, and the reason we 'run out of seats' is the away team get blocks in the wymans stand. Bristol rovers and others also populate the 'home end' to swell numbers. We can sell a certain amount, everyone in the club knows that number, so we sell the others to away teams. Absolute basics.

The club cannot sell the 'home' tickets to imaginary fans, so we have a choice. Let them go to waste or sell them to away fans. It's so obvious what they should do.

God sake, it's so basic. It's the same people who imagine we have ambramovic in charge so go after the chair person. When do people touch base with reality?

Basics
CTFC.Harry
Good point Shade. And it seems to be a trend in recent years that when the fans do decide to turn up to watch, the team rarely turn up on the pitch! 3 pts tomorrow then.
robinsrule
Ben3 wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 17:35 Seats haven't been selling out and it hasn't been packed. There have been large pockets of unfilled seats, and the reason we 'run out of seats' is the away team get blocks in the wymans stand. Bristol rovers and others also populate the 'home end' to swell numbers. We can sell a certain amount, everyone in the club knows that number, so we sell the others to away teams. Absolute basics.

The club cannot sell the 'home' tickets to imaginary fans, so we have a choice. Let them go to waste or sell them to away fans. It's so obvious what they should do.

God sake, it's so basic. It's the same people who imagine we have ambramovic in charge so go after the chair person. When do people touch base with reality?

Basics
I disagree. A few quid in the bank now is not more important than our League One status. The less away fans the better in that regard.
Ihearye
CTFC.Harry wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 16:22
Jerry St Clair wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 16:04 Block 6 almost sold out. Plenty of seats in the main stand. Block 7 completely empty. Block 8 now not even on sale.

I’m shocked to be honest. The seats have been consistently selling out across the CF stand and the main stand has been packed throughout the season. Not sure what’s happening and why people aren’t turning up when it actually matters. Our League 1 status will be decided over these next two games!!

You can't have something not for sale for weeks. Then 5 days before the event decide to make them available and expect for a surge of purchases. The only people you are going to pick up are ones who decide after Tuesday that they will pop along on Saturday.
Ben3
robinsrule wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 19:19
Ben3 wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 17:35 Seats haven't been selling out and it hasn't been packed. There have been large pockets of unfilled seats, and the reason we 'run out of seats' is the away team get blocks in the wymans stand. Bristol rovers and others also populate the 'home end' to swell numbers. We can sell a certain amount, everyone in the club knows that number, so we sell the others to away teams. Absolute basics.

Basics
I disagree. A few quid in the bank now is not more important than our League One status. The less away fans the better in that regard.
Why?

What is your causal link between having empty seats in blocks 6, 7 & 8 and winning? Could it be you've just made that up?

Is this a completely made up 'fact'?
Jerry St Clair
Ihearye wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 19:29

You can't have something not for sale for weeks. Then 5 days before the event decide to make them available and expect for a surge of purchases. The only people you are going to pick up are ones who decide after Tuesday that they will pop along on Saturday.
I agree with your general point.

But in this scenario, a do or die game. The most significant for years. A final push for a team that had the worst start in Football League history, but was galvanised by lion of a manager.

In this scenario, it's not too much to expect 500 or so Cheltonians to get along and fill the remaining seats in the Colin Farmer, is it? I'm absolutely staggered that the manager issued a rallying cry and we've flogged, maybe, 250 extra seats. It's a pathetic response.
Broadway Brian
Ihearye wrote:

Of course you can. Prior to Tuesday, we were down. f#!$ me, we were down at half-time on Tuesday so I’d fully expect there to be a significant swing in enrhusiasm for this game pre and post Tuesday.
Ihearye
Broadway Brian wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 21:52
Ihearye wrote:

Of course you can. Prior to Tuesday, we were down. f#!$ me, we were down at half-time on Tuesday so I’d fully expect there to be a significant swing in enrhusiasm for this game pre and post Tuesday.
well, we will know at 15:00 if that is the case
asl
Well, I won't be taking my place in The Paddock, today... Almost two weeks on from testing positive for Covid, and I'm still not fit to stand for 2 hours without coughing up my guts over everyone else. 😞
Shade
asl wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 07:54 Well, I won't be taking my place in The Paddock, today... Almost two weeks on from testing positive for Covid, and I'm still not fit to stand for 2 hours without coughing up my guts over everyone else. 😞
Damn, hope you're feeling better soon. If it's any consolation, my mate recently had the current version and was ill for about 5 or 6 days, felt a bit better, then got a lot worse, and then suddenly got better after almost exactly 3 weeks.