Silver Anniversary

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Would you believe that it's 25 years to the day, that we beat Rushden & Diamonds in *that* game...?
Fuller
What a brilliant day (if you were lucky enough to get in) that was. Couldn’t believe the queues when we got to Rushden.
A few beers on the way back and then we hit the town and a curry. Felt shocking next day though :lol:
Fantastic times they were.
1985CTFC
Was there. Doesn't time fly, scary.
Hope in another 25yrs, we are mentioning the great escape in 2024, from our mid table Championship position! Can dream can't I?
Fuller
Just been looking at a few pics of our fans in the crowd on social media from that day. Hardly recognise any of them and I’ve been a regular since the late 1960’s. Sure we had around 600 in our end plus people like me and my mates who got in eventually but had to sit amongst the Rushden squad players.
So wonder how many Robins supporters that day are still regulars at WR, and if they stopped going why? A few I know just got fed up of watching the Robins. Sad.
paperboy
Only time I felt dizzy and nearly passed out at footie when we scored the winner because I just couldn't comprehend what was happening.
DWx3
Fuller wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 14:56 Just been looking at a few pics of our fans in the crowd on social media from that day. Hardly recognise any of them and I’ve been a regular since the late 1960’s. Sure we had around 600 in our end plus people like me and my mates who got in eventually but had to sit amongst the Rushden squad players.
So wonder how many Robins supporters that day are still regulars at WR, and if they stopped going why? A few I know just got fed up of watching the Robins. Sad.
I think the answer to that question is life. Life happens. Following the same football club up and down the country for decades is quite rare. Most supporters attend for a few years and then move away or prioritise other things and maybe return to it later. It's not sad, it's life. Maybe the people who have got fed up have found things they find more interesting and would argue that it's actually sad to have been following a club for decades when you could have been having other experiences. Each to their own.