Leyton Orient v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Broadway Brian
1985CTFC wrote:Apologies for saying this again, but the time has finally come to ditch the Goalie on the bench and put a player who can provide an extra attacking option on the bench. Olayinka or even Tom King. Pardington isn't going to make or score a goal so no point having him there. Got to take a risk now. Have to win Tuesday or we are stuffed. We need maximum options if we have to chase the game.
Give it a rest man
1985CTFC
Broadway Brian wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:04
CTFCfan99 wrote:Tuesday I would go

Southwood
Long Davies Bradbury Ferry
Harrop Bonds Sercombe
Thomas Keena Lloyd

I'd stick someone else at RB if we had any half decent alternatives.
Keena and Nuttall up top for me. Or Nuttall with Harrop sitting off him.

We can’t rely on Lloyd to score a goal, even if given a clear chance.
Yep Lloydy has had his chance. Bin him, Never going to hit the back of the net. Not sure Keena will score either. Serious rethink needed by DC for Tuesday. But unlikely he will do it. Will stick with what he has been doing at least for the Carlisle game, and see what happens.
paperboy
Well they say there are key moments in games and at 0-0
the mercurial George Lloyd misses a sitter.
If he's injured again it could be a blessing in disguise.

Then Curtis misses the sitter of the season.

With Aidan Keena continuing his quest to go into Cheltenham folklore along with Jason White our peashooters are truly useless and the struggle continues.
Broadway Brian
1985CTFC wrote:
CTFCfan99 wrote:Tuesday I would go

Southwood
Long Davies Bradbury Ferry
Harrop Bonds Sercombe
Thomas Keena Lloyd

I'd stick someone else at RB if we had any half decent alternatives.

Yep Lloydy has had his chance. Bin him, Never going to hit the back of the net. Not sure Keena will score either. Serious rethink needed by DC for Tuesday. But unlikely he will do it. Will stick with what he has been doing at least for the Carlisle game, and see what happens.
We just don’t have many options though do we. Thats the challenge.

Maybe Taylor and Street can perform a Lazarus-like miracle.

The lack of composure in front of goal in that second half was pitiful. It hey banged them in from outside the box, we couldn’t roll them in from inside.

We really need to regroup and go hard on Tuesday.
Ihearye
paperboy wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:12 Well they say there are key moments in games and at 0-0
the mercurial George Lloyd misses a sitter.
If he's injured again it could be a blessing in disguise.

Then Curtis misses the sitter of the season.

With Aidan Keena continuing his quest to go into Cheltenham folklore along with Jason White our peashooters are truly useless and the struggle continues.
Jason holds a special place in that roll of honour !
1985CTFC
Broadway Brian wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:10
1985CTFC wrote:Apologies for saying this again, but the time has finally come to ditch the Goalie on the bench and put a player who can provide an extra attacking option on the bench. Olayinka or even Tom King. Pardington isn't going to make or score a goal so no point having him there. Got to take a risk now. Have to win Tuesday or we are stuffed. We need maximum options if we have to chase the game.
Give it a rest man
Why am I not entitled to my opinion. What is the point of the spare keeper. Contributed nothing all season. Could have had Olayinka on the bench or even King today. It is getting to the point where we have to take a gamble.
You really are a bit of a miserable so and so, dissing any ideas or comment. What you suggesting to get us out the mire then.
More of the same, which isn't working. Lets hear what you can suggest, probably nothing.
1985CTFC
Broadway Brian wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:16
1985CTFC wrote:

We just don’t have many options though do we. Thats the challenge.

Maybe Taylor and Street can perform a Lazarus-like miracle.

The lack of composure in front of goal in that second half was pitiful. It hey banged them in from outside the box, we couldn’t roll them in from inside.

We really need to regroup and go hard on Tuesday.
That's a good option Broadway send Taylor and Matty patched up on Tuesday. Best idea you have?
What I will give you is Street patched could not be be as bad as Lloyd.
Horteng
So Lloyd is back and we still didn't score, yeah?
Si Robin
Given Street isn't even likely to be training until we're well into pre-season I think he needs a bit more than patching up.

The important thing to remember is that nothing has changed after today. Win on Tuesday and we're out of the relegation zone. If we lose, then we probably deserve what we get.
Si Robin
Horteng wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:24 So Lloyd is back and we still didn't score, yeah?
We did score - he wasn't on the pitch when we did, but we scored.
paperboy
Si Robin wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:25
Horteng wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:24 So Lloyd is back and we still didn't score, yeah?
We did score - he wasn't on the pitch when we did, but we scored.
..and with goal difference being so tight around us it could be crucial.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
1985CTFC wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:16
Give it a rest man
Why am I not entitled to my opinion. What is the point of the spare keeper. Contributed nothing all season. Could have had Olayinka on the bench or even King today. It is getting to the point where we have to take a gamble.
You really are a bit of a miserable so and so, dissing any ideas or comment. What you suggesting to get us out the mire then.
More of the same, which isn't working. Lets hear what you can suggest, probably nothing.
So if Southwood got sent off or injured you’d happily see an outfield player in goal?
1985CTFC
Si Robin wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:24 Given Street isn't even likely to be training until we're well into pre-season I think he needs a bit more than patching up.

The important thing to remember is that nothing has changed after today. Win on Tuesday and we're out of the relegation zone. If we lose, then we probably deserve what we get.
If referring to my post and presumably Broadways it was tongue in cheek, but Street in plaster up to waist will score as many goals as Lloyd will in a game. Zilch.
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:35
Give it a rest man
So if Southwood got sent off or injured you’d happily see an outfield player in goal?
King and Links are great back up keepers RCS!😀
1985CTFC
Give it a rest man
It isn't going to happen, odds 100/1 or more. More chance of Olayinika or King scoring or making a goal than Southwood going off. Play the odds now. It is nonsense arguing the odds would be against us. Need as many options as possible from now on.
Tell you what Regency you will be paying me £10 at season end for your bet with me that Keena will be top scorer in Lg 1 this year, bet you feel a bit stupid now about your claim. Will give you the chance to redeem yourself.
Double or quits if Southwood gets taken off in any of the remaining games during the 90mins.
Let me know if you fancy the bet?
No thought not. Proves my point.
Broadway Brian
1985CTFC wrote:
Give it a rest man
Ok, dry your knickers my friend. You even apologised for making the comment (for the umpteenth time).

We’ve got 5 cup finals left. If Southwood has to go off in any of them, it would be foolish to seal our fate with Lewis Freestone in goal. But you know that.

The second reason it shouldn’t be considered is the endless ‘I told you so’ that someone on here would drone on about. Wink, wink.

Now let’s play nicely. You can express any opinion you want. And I can disagree with every single one if I wish.

UTR
1985CTFC
Broadway Brian wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:52
1985CTFC wrote:
Give it a rest man
Ok, dry your knickers my friend. You even apologised for making the comment (for the umpteenth time).

We’ve got 5 cup finals left. If Southwood has to go off in any of them, it would be foolish to seal our fate with Lewis Freestone in goal. But you know that.

The second reason it shouldn’t be considered is the endless ‘I told you so’ that someone on here would drone on about. Wink, wink.

Now let’s play nicely. You can express any opinion you want. And I can disagree with every single one if I wish.

UTR
See my comment re Regency. Wanna bet Southwood wont be injured or sent off in 90 mins in any remaining games????
£10 says he won't. We need to take a risk especially if we don't win Tuesday. Maybe you think Pards could do a job up front?? Probably more likely to score than Lloyd.
1985CTFC
paperboy wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:45

King and Links are great back up keepers RCS!😀
More likely to score than Pards, tell me that isn't true.
Some weak jelly minded minor risk/ reward mentality on here. Got to throw the dice soon.
1985CTFC
No more replies from me on this topic you scaredy cats.

In fact no more from me on all topics, Wasting my time. Yipee you can shout.

Regency pay my £10 to CTFC to get a replacement for Lloyd. Should be enough.
Ihearye
If I recall rightly, in previous seasons we played with no keeper on the bench. I am sure our resident smart @ rses will correct me lol
CTFCfan99
Some bizarre comments...we can only make 5 subs anyway, if you want more attackers on the bench then have them instead of defenders. Imagine we're leading a game, Southwood gets injured and we end up with Joe Nuttall in goal.
CTFCfan99
Ihearye wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 17:34 If I recall rightly, in previous seasons we played with no keeper on the bench. I am sure our resident smart @ rses will correct me lol
We definitely did that in the National League when we could only name 5 subs. Not sure we've done it in the FL but could be wrong
paperboy
...and Pardington is 7 foot tall so we could send him on in the last five minutes to win headers too. 😀
everyman
Shade wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 15:32 There's the issue in a nutshell. Lloyd with a straightforward chance on his favoured right foot and had about as much confidence as the rest of us had in him scoring, and weakly hit it to the keeper. Meanwhile Orient scored two from edge of the area.
Lloyd will find his level next season somewhere,possibly helping Matt Utteridge on groundstaff he runs all over the pitch give him the mower ;)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
1985CTFC wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:52

It isn't going to happen, odds 100/1 or more. More chance of Olayinika or King scoring or making a goal than Southwood going off. Play the odds now. It is nonsense arguing the odds would be against us. Need as many options as possible from now on.
Tell you what Regency you will be paying me £10 at season end for your bet with me that Keena will be top scorer in Lg 1 this year, bet you feel a bit stupid now about your claim. Will give you the chance to redeem yourself.
Double or quits if Southwood gets taken off in any of the remaining games during the 90mins.
Let me know if you fancy the bet?
No thought not. Proves my point.
I am not going to bet that because it is incredibly unlikely.

However, in the incredibly unlikely event it does happen, the impact is huge. Which is why teams prepare for such an unlikely event.

It is incredibly unlikely that the next time you are a passenger in an aeroplane the plane will have a fault or crash. However they still have oxygen masks and life jackets for you.
Malabus
Three shocking goals conceded. Nothing up front. Mentally they are not in a relegation battle. Time is running out.
Garby74
Thomas has proved younger players can play with no fear.

With very few goals upto.....

Try King

Long live the King!
longmover
take the hit of being 5hit yesterday as long as we’re on fire Tuesday. Tuesday’s got more riding in it.
Jerry St Clair
longmover wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 08:21 take the hit of being 5hit yesterday as long as we’re on fire Tuesday. Tuesday’s got more riding in it.
Yes. We’ve been here numerous times this season: Wycombe, awful. Port Vale, excellent.

Hope the same pattern continues on Tues.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
1985CTFC wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:59
Broadway Brian wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 16:52
1985CTFC wrote:

UTR
See my comment re Regency. Wanna bet Southwood wont be injured or sent off in 90 mins in any remaining games????
£10 says he won't.
:roll: