Surely not another 30 pieces of silver

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ihearye
With a match in 3 days and blocks 7 & 8 of the CF still blocked out. Are the board still thinking about who to sell the tickets to??????
Surely to God they wouldn't have the stupidity to give them to Bristol Rovers??? If they have, it is feet up in front of the fire for me
CTFCfan99
I think they have or they would be on sale to ctfc fans by now. It's just stupid, really don't know what they're thinking sometimes.
bigdavejambo
Bristol Rovers were allocated 1430 apparently
bigdavejambo
Ihearye
bigdavejambo wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 15:08 Bristol Rovers were allocated 1430 apparently
Fire, Bushmills and Nordic murders for me then :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Rovers ticket page says they have sold out.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 16:06 Rovers ticket page says they have sold out.
attempted to buy 7 tickets for the last game in the CF today, but no joy as it exceeds the number available, so can only presume the clowns have decided to give blocks 7 & 8 away again and deny home fans seats. Looks like I have been to my last home match for the season :(
Warwickshire Robin
Ihearye wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 19:00
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 16:06 Rovers ticket page says they have sold out.
attempted to buy 7 tickets for the last game in the CF today, but no joy as it exceeds the number available, so can only presume the clowns have decided to give blocks 7 & 8 away again and deny home fans seats. Looks like I have been to my last home match for the season :(
Peterborough's website only saying they have been allocated 1,055 tickets in the Hazelwoods. Club hedging their bets again maybe?
Ihearye
Warwickshire Robin wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 08:45
Peterborough's website only saying they have been allocated 1,055 tickets in the Hazelwoods. Club hedging their bets again maybe?
Do they think people arrange their lives around their procrastination's? If they don't value my support or money, it's not a problem.
Warwickshire Robin
Ihearye wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 08:48

Do they think people arrange their lives around their procrastination's? If they don't value my support or money, it's not a problem.
Totally agree, the club should not even be considering selling extra tickets to away teams at this point in the season so 7/8 should be on sale for home fans only now. That's why as a season ticket holder I am still undecided whether to attend tomorrow.
Ihearye
Warwickshire Robin wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 08:52
Ihearye wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 08:48
Totally agree, the club should not even be considering selling extra tickets to away teams at this point in the season so 7/8 should be on sale for home fans only now. That's why as a season ticket holder I am still undecided whether to attend tomorrow.
Also a ST holder and if I can't choose to sit with my extended family on occasions that they can attend (like tomorrow) and we always do the last home match as part of a ritual, then I give my ST to a friend who is a Oldham supporter, but just enjoys watching live football. Been trudging along thru the bad and the good since 1985 and once believed the 'We need your support' mantra.
horlickfanclub
Half season tickets were available at Christmas.A bigger take up might have preserved block 7 and eight however I would always prefer our supporters to be in the Colin Farmer and would have not reserved this section for opposition for the last three games. Exeter supporters were giving abuse to people in block 6 as well as getting out of the stand. The concourse and loos cannot cope.Not worth the extra revenue.
WhaddonIrregular
I'm guessing tomorrows result might swing it one way or the other. We noticed those blocks weren't sold out on Tuesday, despite the hype around how important the game was, so I understand waiting to see which side is likely to sell more to some extent.

I hope this gets brought up at the forum on Thursday, would be good to hear the boards justification turning away home support in favour of away cash. Especially given the problems Exeter caused, and Rovers will no doubt cause given their usual behaviour.
Ihearye
WhaddonIrregular wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 10:00 I'm guessing tomorrows result might swing it one way or the other. We noticed those blocks weren't sold out on Tuesday, despite the hype around how important the game was, so I understand waiting to see which side is likely to sell more to some extent.

I hope this gets brought up at the forum on Thursday, would be good to hear the boards justification turning away home support in favour of away cash. Especially given the problems Exeter caused, and Rovers will no doubt cause given their usual behaviour.
Pretty hard to sell them if you can't buy them. Can't be seen as that important a game, in that a few extra shekels numbs their need for us to win. I would argue that a bigger away attendance gives the away team more confidence and can sway the ref when it comes to decisions up that end. Can't think of any other clubs that give up 25% of the home stand to away support
Warwickshire Robin
Ihearye wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 10:54
WhaddonIrregular wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 10:00 I'm guessing tomorrows result might swing it one way or the other. We noticed those blocks weren't sold out on Tuesday, despite the hype around how important the game was, so I understand waiting to see which side is likely to sell more to some extent.

Pretty hard to sell them if you can't buy them. Can't be seen as that important a game, in that a few extra shekels numbs their need for us to win. I would argue that a bigger away attendance gives the away team more confidence and can sway the ref when it comes to decisions up that end. Can't think of any other clubs that give up 25% of the home stand to away support
Most of Exeter's 1500 fans were in place at least 45 mins before kick off and created a great noise during the warm ups, whereas most of our supporters crept in about ten to three and created almost no home atmosphere whatsoever. This must have an effect on both sets of players and certainly set the tone for that game and I imagine it will be pretty much the same tomorrow.
asl
Let's face it, WR is a bit of a library 90% of the time, with the bulk of the noise being made by the visitors.
Ihearye
asl wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 13:34 Let's face it, WR is a bit of a library 90% of the time, with the bulk of the noise being made by the visitors.
No crying in the library please
plymrob
The horns of dilemma...

Stand and get do to get see the key moments. Or sit behind people who want to stand up all the time (but with obviously limited occassions recently). Keep the standing areas.

I do though have some empathy with giving the oppostion more numbers just now... It does seem to seem to me to send out the wrong signal. That said. What have we as a team shown to suggest we are still in the game..? How many must win games have we now had in the last month?

It's remarkable we have one, maybe two more.

I'm seriously less optimistic!