8 games,no wins and zero goals scored.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CS85
That's the form of the team we'll be welcoming to Whaddon Road on Saturday.
We're pretty good at ending teams poor runs,I wonder if we'll gift rovers a victory.
Ihearye
We will lose, they always up their game and will have their obnoxious baying mob driving them on in the hope of sending us down.
bigdavejambo
another 3 games without a goal then they can break a new EFL record :)
Shade
bigdavejambo wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 16:21 another 3 games without a goal then they can break a new EFL record :)
Nah, we'll be determined to keep that record and let them score on Saturday.
Horteng
Their form will change tomorrow when we roll over and gift them an easy win
Shade
It's a tale as old as time.

After Tuesday, I should be raring to go for tomorrow but, even though I'll be there, I have pretty much no enthusiasm. I almost feel like if we do score and win I'll be a grumpy b#!#%#d still sitting down and shouting "it's a bit f#!$ late now!", even if it is still technically "in our hands."

Can almost guarantee that if we do win tomorrow, so will Vale and Burton.
CS85
Shade wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 16:20 It's a tale as old as time.

After Tuesday, I should be raring to go for tomorrow but, even though I'll be there, I have pretty much no enthusiasm. I almost feel like if we do score and win I'll be a grumpy b#!#%#d still sitting down and shouting "it's a bit f#!$ late now!", even if it is still technically "in our hands."

This game has me feeling how I felt during the start of the season under wade.Tuesdays game has sucked all the positivity and enthusiasm I had left!.
I'm just expecting a repeat performance of Tuesday night,hope im very wrong though.
Ihearye
Shade wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 16:20 It's a tale as old as time.

Yep we have had our chances yo escape and never taken them, can't see today being any different
Jerry St Clair
Rovers were awful on Tuesday, by accounts. Reading fans felt they cruised it and it was one of their most comfortable games of the season. 4-0 would have been more reflective of Reading's dominance.

Is it possible to get a bet on how quickly we'll hear Rovers fans singing "How s#!t must you be, we're winning away"?
Ihearye
Jerry St Clair wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 06:33 Rovers were awful on Tuesday, by accounts. Reading fans felt they cruised it and it was one of their most comfortable games of the season. 4-0 would have been more reflective of Reading's dominance.

Is it possible to get a bet on how quickly we'll hear Rovers fans singing "How s#!t must you be, we're winning away"?
Glad to say I won't be hearing it, few drinks in town with the family instead
Shade
"How s#!t must you be, we've scored a goal" might be sung first.

Also, on the Wade comment, it's pretty accurate. First 12 games we were c!#p. Next 24 we were a top half team. Final 12, so far, back to the same dross as the first quarter. Although we are scoring the odd goal now, a lot of the football in the last few games has been worse then the start of the season, I think.
Broadway Brian
It’s tough going at times, but let’s go again. Crowd was tangibly nervous on Tuesday. Hopefully the whole place can have a more positive feel and a better performance.

I’m not giving up on my team yet - come on boys.

UTMFR
Horteng
Horteng wrote: 12 Apr 2024, 07:25 Their form will change tomorrow when we roll over and gift them an easy win
As above

What a joke of a “team”

Deserve relegation after today and the last few games