Simon Hacker FGR

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

ctfc-fan
Posting this here as it does relate to us fans. His article today in Punchline ‘magazine’:

“With street parties breaking out in Cheltenham, beyond the schoolboy schadenfreude that followed Tuesday’s news, an unusual peace broke out among FGR’s loyal fans.”

This is the same knob who wouldn’t mention us as one of SC’s previous clubs when he was appointed there.

Hes quite active on their Facebook page too.
asl
I must've missed the street parties. We commented on here - maybe five posts related to their relegation? - but I think we're too engrossed in our own problems to worry too much about their's.
Si Robin
There does seem to be some revisionism sometimes over the rivalry.

I know a lot of younger fans absolutely despise them because we're so bereft of a rival, but a number of fans really don't care about them.
Robin
I'm very much in the could not overly care about them but do accept they are currently our biggest rivals.
Garby74
It's good to have a healthy local rivalry.

I'm shrewsbury born and breed.

My lad could chant 'we all follow the shrewsbury...over lad and sea..AND WREXHAM'

Before his 7th birthday.

My hope is he passes it down the generation s.

I've lived in Cheltenham for 30 years and have red blood.

But still get immense joy when he chants those words!
Shade
Think I wrote the same thing last time; Hack by name, hack by nature.
ctfc-fan
Shade wrote:Think I wrote the same thing last time; Hack by name, hack by nature.
Certainly bitter!