Cheltenham Town v Peterborough United

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ihearye
Jim wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 07:41
Shade wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 16:58
Jim wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 15:32

I'd keep him on if we can, but it's been mentioned elsewhere that he's paid more than we can afford at Oldham, so he's probably out of our price range. I think he's looked a real asset last couple of games, with further room to improve you'd expect. If Oldham were willing to get him off their wage bill for nothing and he agrees to a pay cut i'd like to see him stick around, however probably not as our top earner...!
Is that he earns more at Oldham than we could pay him this season/from end of January, or would we be able to afford his wages if he's part of the initial budget plans in the summer when we only have about 7 or 8 other players already on board? I've no idea what he's earning at Oldham.
I don't know any figures, but I got the impression his wage at Oldham is considerably more than our top earners are reported to be getting. Their fans would drive him here and chip in if their social media comments are anything to go by.
If they would that would be great
Robin
Jim wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 07:36
Robin wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 06:55 There is a player called Josh Stokes at Bristol City (signed from Aldershot and loaned back) that could be one for us to keep an eye on for next season.
Wasn't he pretty much the hottest property in Non-league this season? I remember hearing he's a real prospect and Bristol City paid good money for him... Maybe if they want to loan him out higher up and we're still in L1 but feels unlikely to me.
£150,000 fee in January yes but still young and expected to be sent out on loan next season to either league one or league two. He shone on the FA Cup this season and has worked his way up the non-league circuit at a young age a bit like Jordan Thomas.