New strip

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Unless I'm mistaken, we're due a new home strip for the start of next season. I can remember the fanfare and promo vids last year and the year before for the last new away and home kits, but seem to remember they were both announced relatively deep into the summer? Anyone know why? I seem to remember shirts being sold a lot earlier in the past. In 2006, didn't we wear our new strip for 06/07 in the 05/06 play offs?! I'd have thought they'd want to get shirts on sale ASAP when season tickets go on sale.

This isn't blaming the board or anyone for it, just curious if anyone knows why they don't go on sale until pre season is well underway now. Part of me suspects it's down to Errea's distribution but, in that case, what are they doing the rest of the year?!
Si Robin
I only really recall the 06/07 and 08/09 strips going on sale before the season's end. The 06/07 one was worn in the playoff final, and the 08/09 one was worn for the Doncaster survival game (also the last time we've released new home and away kits at the same time as it was Mira's first year as sponsor).

The club then went on a spell of releasing kits at the club open day. They did it with the 125th anniversary kit and the yellow and blue one for 17/18.

I think they wait until the summer now to arrange a big release - like the "It's Mint, Mush" one they did last year. I liked the open day releases myself - in fact I like the open days in general and would love to see them come back.
Ihearye
Hope AK has his flag ready to keep shade happy ;)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
One of the Trust’s Ornithology podcast episodes spoke to Murry about the process for planning and launching a new kit.
Si Robin
Good point - I need to listen to them now I'm a member again.
Shade
Ihearye wrote: 01 May 2024, 09:44 Hope AK has his flag ready to keep shade happy ;)
It's the whole reason he had such a s#!t season ;)

Seriously though, I still don't understand it :lol: why wasn't Bondsy holding a Guyana flag, or any English player holding a St George's cross :lol:
CTFC.Harry
Yeah… Cheltenham’s mint mush. That went well.
everyman
The Gloucestershire flag known as the Severn Cross was designed by Jeremy Bentall,who was at a recent game and draped the flag over the fence until being told to remove it because it covered part of a large ad,board.A pity the club couldn`t have met with him to discuss using the design in a future away kit as we are the premier club in the county.
Ihearye
Shade wrote: 01 May 2024, 10:57
Ihearye wrote: 01 May 2024, 09:44 Hope AK has his flag ready to keep shade happy ;)
It's the whole reason he had such a s#!t season ;)

Seriously though, I still don't understand it :lol: why wasn't Bondsy holding a Guyana flag, or any English player holding a St George's cross :lol:
True
Jerry St Clair
A few Errea strips have started being revealed for the new season which may give an inkling of how ours might look:

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/errea-2024-25-kits/

Some of the collars are a little odd. The QPR one is otherwise quite smart.

Underwhelmed by Aldershot’s new away shirt which is a right dog’s breakfast.

Blyth is the best of the bunch for me, but appreciate that style would be a bit minimalist for many.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Jerry St Clair wrote: 04 May 2024, 18:12 A few Errea strips have started being revealed for the new season which may give an inkling of how ours might look:

Blyth is the best of the bunch for me, but appreciate that style would be a bit minimalist for many.
I like the Nordhavn one. Even more minimalist with the clean collar.
horlickfanclub
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 04 May 2024, 18:24
Jerry St Clair wrote: 04 May 2024, 18:12 A few Errea strips have started being revealed for the new season which may give an inkling of how ours might look:

I like the Nordhavn one. Even more minimalist with the clean collar.
Agree with Nordhavn
QED

I like the new Errea Luxembourg away with the gradient colours - could do a variation on this with red/ruby-black-white with the same three colours on the sleeve trim (and no collar!)
RobinHood
I think we do get bespoke kits from Erreà, they aren’t usually templates which seems rare for lower league clubs these days.
Shade
RobinHood wrote: 07 May 2024, 08:08 I think we do get bespoke kits from Erreà, they aren’t usually templates which seems rare for lower league clubs these days.
Was thinking the same. Must be because we've been with them for so long, I'd have thought.
RobinHood
Surely must be approaching some sort of record, I remember Erreà doing our kits in the late 90’s.

Think only Arsenal have had the same shirt sponsor for longer than us but that will be due to the stadium.
hookyrobin
At 27 years with Errea, we're second in England and Wales only to Burton, who have their kits made by TAG, a Burton-based company, so that's a slightly unusual case. We are far and away the longest with a conventional manufacturer:

https://www.kitbliss.co.nz/data/records ... plier.html

Our relationship with Errea has lasted more than twice as long as the 13 years third-placed Plymouth have with Puma.